I'd like to see this squad versus the Tits

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1.  Slater - the more game time the better.  Season 2007 is his for the taking.
2.  Folau - lets see what this hulking winger can do.  I'm thinking a younger Loti Tuquiri
3.  Quinn - Ok he wanted to play centre - lets see how he goes.  Some agression would be nice too.
4.  King - Time to see him linking back up with Turner, and collecting those Cronk bombs.
5.  Turner - The most anticipated Storm player to lace up a boot in February...and its v the Tits to boot!
6.  Inglis - [salivating as typing] Inglis...5/8...Storm Jersey...Can it get any more exciting?
7.  Cronk - Dally M Half 2006 was a shock but deserved.  What 2007 holds?  Dally M?  QLD?  Australia?  Lets see...

8.  S. Anderson - This guys deserves a crack.  Nice guy - unlucky with injuries, but now well positioned.
9.  Smith - Ok Smithy - lets pick up right where we left off back in October
10.  B. Cross - The big bopper - was one of our form forwards.  Huge, strong and mean...lets crunch them Tits
11.  Hoffman - My pick for a NSW jersey (unfortunately it is blue, not Maroon).  Can dominate games...
12.  Matt Rua - Oh yeah - lets bring it on.  The little engine that could.  Like to see him crack the a-list squad
13.  Johnson - Mr Reliable.  Gives you 30 tackles and 100%. Will assume more of Kidwell's attacking workoad this year

14.  Geyer - Has some demons to bury this year.  I think Folau may just prove too big, too fast and too good in 07.
15.  Aitken - Love to see him get some game time in his preferred spot.  His combination with Cronk is key.
16.  Donnely - keen to see how he responds after that sickening injury last year
17.  Aiden Tolman - Forward of the year in the recent Schoolboys tour of Europe.  Nows the time to see him in Purple

Others include Tagatese, Crocker (of course but only if fit), and Will Chambers on the wing.
Last edited by Diehard_Storm on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Strong looking squad.  Pretty sure I read that Hoffman will not be right for the first trial.  Crocker, Blair and White to also miss and maybe King depending on how he gets through the week. Put Tagatese into the number 12. Also, I believe that they can run with an extended bench so add in J. Smith & Crossman.  At some stage they need to see whether Aubusson is up to it.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bootsie16 wrote: Strong looking squad.  Pretty sure I read that Hoffman will not be right for the first trial.  Crocker, Blair and White to also miss and maybe King depending on how he gets through the week. Put Tagatese into the number 12. Also, I believe that they can run with an extended bench so add in J. Smith & Crossman.  At some stage they need to see whether Aubusson is up to it.
Agree - If King is unfit - move Geyer into Centre as his replacement.  Tagatese into backrower for Hoffy.  Jezza Smith certainly is up to it, but would like to see someone else have a crack.  Crossman back in the line-up would be good - I hope he and Donnerz can hold the ball in the tackle.  That is their only downside is lack of ball security.

Jury very much out on Aubusson..he needs to step up and lay claim to that utility spot.  Its likely to go to Rua, or even Geyer.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Meant to also include Kaufusi in those likely to miss the trail although i believe he is not far away so might even be a chance.  At this stage would rest any player that is a little underdone.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Playing the devils advocate here but, how'd we all feel if the game didn't turn out like we expect it too??  :oops:
I'm not gunna mention the 'L' word but...................it is a very small possibility innit?  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: Playing the devils advocate here but, how'd we all feel if the game didn't turn out like we expect it too??  :oops:
I'm not gunna mention the 'L' word but...................it is a very small possibility innit?  ;-)
It's a trial, who really cares about the result? What matters is that the guys get a competitive run to work on their skills and combinations.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy wrote:
Tigger wrote: Playing the devils advocate here but, how'd we all feel if the game didn't turn out like we expect it too??  :oops:
It's a trial, who really cares about the result? What matters is that the guys get a competitive run to work on their skills and combinations.
Oh I know that the result doesn't really matter but seriously, could you imagine the crap their supporters would give Storm after a not so good result for us??  :'(
And don't forget, there's been heaps of Storm ppl talking our guys up for months now - I'd hate to have egg on the ole dial  ;-)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm actually a lot more worried about injuries....

....they're well outgunned, so they may try the old 'smash em' tactic.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

My man reckons we could get all the old boys out against em  ;-)
Lazzo, T (even with only one leg he'd wreck em  :lol:), Rusty, Danny, Pomery, Evo, Roarts, Channy!!  :D
Imagine those guys out on the ground slashing thru the ti-tinies (sic) ranks  8)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:Oh I know that the result doesn't really matter but seriously, could you imagine the crap their supporters would give Storm after a not so good result for us??  :'(
And don't forget, there's been heaps of Storm ppl talking our guys up for months now - I'd hate to have egg on the ole dial  ;-)
It would suit me as it'd give a better return for the premiership odds.  :D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Nah, we're already gunna get crap odds for that anyway  :D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh my god lotti  :roll: 
Why do you persist in posting your own little thoughts when most people are not really interested??  Are you just trying to bump up your post count??  All your meaningless (to most) sentences can be put into a perfectly simple single post - try saving em all up, please, for the sake of my sanity!!  [-o<

We know all the same stuff you know!!  A conversation is different but most of these posts you put up are just way out in left field.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti, my snide little comments are just what everyone is thinking & too bloody chicken to post!!!!!!!!!
And if you don't need people to comment about your posts - DON'T BLOODY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Again I say, don't post if you're not gunna cope with comments.  Talking with a few other Bai Standers the other nite & your posts are annoyingly annoying to a few people............
Seriously, you need to quit it with the bloody half sentence comments cos even tho we may not all be einstein's we do know just as much as you about what's going on with our club.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: Oh my god lotti  :roll: 
Why do you persist in posting your own little thoughts when most people are not really interested??  Are you just trying to bump up your post count??  All your meaningless (to most) sentences can be put into a perfectly simple single post - try saving em all up, please, for the sake of my sanity!!  [-o<

We know all the same stuff you know!!  A conversation is different but most of these posts you put up are just way out in left field.
Tigger, I totally agree with your sentiments. Have you considered using the "ignore" user function?