News -Sharks join Turner race

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=42
THE Steve Turner saga has taken a dramatic twist, with the Cronulla Sharks now firmly in the mix to make a last-minute grab for the winger.[br /][br /]We can reveal that Gold Coast Titans insiders have confirmed they offered Turner to the Sharks as a replacement for Darren Albert - and that Turner sees the Sharks option as a strong possibility.[br /][br /]NRL boss David Gallop confirmed on Friday the Sharks would like to sign Turner, and that he would not stand in his way.

[br /][br /]"If he is happy about it and the Titans are happy, then we would approve the move,'' Gallop said.[br /][br /]Titans boss Michael Searle says he contacted Sharks chief executive Greg Pierce late la. . .
OH.. MY.... GAWD..... This will never end. How can Gallop now say that he'd be happy for Turner to sign with the Sharks in a trade? Doesn't anyone actually comprehend that Steve isn't under contract to the Titans. Therefore - they neither have a claim over him, nor the right to "trade" him to another club!
lotti

I know Buzz.  The Storm were there before the Sharks, of course Steve could always just sign a 1 year contract with the Sharks and then come back to us.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Storm boss Brian Waldron is refusing to budge on Turner and has offered two Storm juniors to the Gold Coast as a trade.
When ??? ..... Oh It Is Rebecca Wilson writing the piece so facts aren't rellevant
Waldron refuses to acknowledge that he is liable to pay the Titans compensation for Turner. Even former Storm boss John Ribot has made several deputations to the NRL on the Storm's behalf.
Acknowledge "??????????"
Turner's manager David Riolo said the Sharks were an option.
"But none of this takes away from the fact that from day one Steve Turner has wanted to remain in Melbourne, and that is the heart of the matter. The Shire is a fair way from Olympic Park.''
Finally Turners manager is representing his clients wishes. :roll:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Buzz wrote:

OH.. MY.... GAWD..... This will never end. How can Gallop now say that he'd be happy for Turner to sign with the Sharks in a trade? Doesn't anyone actually comprehend that Steve isn't under contract to the Titans. Therefore - they neither have a claim over him, nor the right to "trade" him to another club!
While I'm with you mate. If the "Is or Isn't" under contract was such a clear cut case the Storm would be in the courts demanding the NRL register him to the Storm.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:

While I'm with you mate. If the "Is or Isn't" under contract was such a clear cut case the Storm would be in the courts demanding the NRL register him to the Storm.
Vested interest  :icon_porc:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
Turner's manager David Riolo said the Sharks were an option.
"But none of this takes away from the fact that from day one Steve Turner has wanted to remain in Melbourne, and that is the heart of the matter. The Shire is a fair way from Olympic Park.''
Finally Turners manager is representing his clients wishes. :roll:

If that was the case then Turner should have never asked the Storm for permission to seek elsewhere prior to the June 30 anti-tampering deadline.
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh my gawd!  I wish this debarcle would just end.  But it won't will it?
lotti

not unless the Titanics come to their senses and release him to us.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nah your right it wont end there it's got another 3 years to play out yet :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :(
I am back again.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the Titans have created TRADE WEEK, even though the comp doesn't have one.

And how silent is the Players Association on this....typical, spineless bunch of....oops, can't say that can I, they are funded by the NRL which sums up everything
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
leaguekids
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

BREAKING NEWS - FROM SYDNEY - STEVE TURNER STAYING IN MELBOURNE COST $50,000.00
lotti

that seems rather cheap.