Inglis head hunted

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

THE Australian Rugby Union is poised to make a fresh recruiting raid on the NRL.

Australia star Mat Rogers yesterday confirmed his return to rugby league after the Rugby World Cup in France next year and fellow New South Wales Waratahs back Lote Tuqiri also signalled he may follow suit.

The ARU reportedly has its eyes on outstanding Melbourne Storm try machine Greg Inglis, who has the size, speed and skill to be an ideal outside centre in Test rugby.

At the same time the ARU is set to make retaining Tuqiri a priority.

The ARU will save more than $500,000 a year on Rogers's contract, which it would be able to reinvest in another quality rugby league player.

Sydney Roosters utility Craig Wing and Parramatta winger Jarryd Hayne have also been mentioned as potential targets, but Inglis is believed to be the player the Wallabies want most.

The major sticking point in any approach to Inglis, 19, is the fact he is contracted to the Storm until the end of 2009.

Asked whether rugby was interested in Inglis, ARU high performance manager Pat Wilson said: "Greg Inglis is a young, elite athlete who is performing at the highest level.

"I think he's contracted for another two years. If we were approached, we might have some interest."
Source "The Australian"
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Silkin
Squall
Squall

Hands off ya BAR*&$RDS
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's no way "the Black Superman" is going anywhere. Although we will have to almost double his current salary to keep him.
stormgirl
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OURS! Bugger off ARU. :P
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is not only contracted for another 2 years - its forever - keep ya hands off him
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

ARU are wasting their time.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you read the article there is an interesting comment that they are aware he is contracted until 2009 and there for WONT approach him. But, if he was interested in approaching them they would be as keen as.

I take it just like the June 30 anti-tempering....i.e. lets float it in the media to see if we can bait him and then do what ever to get him.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Find your own talent ARU don't come around stealing ours, Rack Off :P :P
I am back again.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Grey Sub, they don't have any

They all leave as kids and come play league to learn more skills, then the ARU throw a bucket of money at them to try and get them back.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

You got to it before me SW  :lol:
Was gunna say they need to troll our guys  cos they can't get enuf of their own  ;)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

hasn't Inglis signed a lifetime contract with us?  If he hasn't then he should.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: hasn't Inglis signed a lifetime contract with us?  If he hasn't then he should.
I agree he should but he's only signed like Cam, until 2009

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon we should sign inglis and Cam to 5+ years contracts, and Cooper azwell.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]