Storm v Manly round 26 game thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This from News Ltd today to start the thread
Storm will meet third-placed Manly on Saturday night in an ideal final tune-up before the playoffs.

Manly is sweating on the fitness of halfback Matt Orford after the former Storm playmaker strained a medial ligament in his knee during the Sea Eagles' 21-20 win over the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Orford kicked the winning field goal in the match, but early indications are he may struggle to be fit for the Melbourne match.

Orford and his replacement at Storm this season, Cooper Cronk, have been tipped as the frontrunners to fill the Australian No. 7 jersey for the end-of-year Tri Nations tournament.

Champion halfback Andrew Johns yesterday used his Sydney newspaper column to back Orford.

"If they were handing out Kangaroo jumpers right now, it would be hard to go past the No. 7 from Manly," Johns wrote. "He was sensational against the Bulldogs on Friday night in a game of semi-final quality.

"His kicking and running game were right up there and he showed enormous composure when it mattered at the death to land the match-winning field goal."
Last edited by Buzz on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

bad Joey and Matt will be there if he's needed.  I might not be watching the game, since I'm pretty sure it will be a nail biter.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who does Bellamy leave out? One week from the finals surely he'll put his best out there, Manly are desperate to stay in the four. Hope Inglis' form continues
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
lotti

I wish I didn't know so much about the Storm and how they react to a loss at home at their next home game.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti wrote: I wish I didn't know so much about the Storm and how they react to a loss at home at their next home game.
Sif we're gunna lose to Manly anyway  :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Seriously lotti, I doubt you know much about Storm at all  :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

they normaly go out hard Tigger, they're the minor premiers and there's the home ground advantage factor to consider.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

It appears to me that your really want Manly to win, if you truly supported both sides then you wouldn't care who won and thus be able to enjoy the game all the more.
Only a Manly fans would select not to watch the game because on the form you showed on Friday night there is no way you will beat the Storm.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
lotti

Bella I keep telling my fellow Manly fans that there are factors that will keep Manly from winning, I'm not looking at this game through Manly or Melbourne coloured glasses I know they've got a tough task against Melbourne but I also know that Manly have a home final to play for on Saturday night while we've already got one.  I don't care who wins considering I'll have at least 1 team with 2 points this week.
DEvislish
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

[
Storm will meet third-placed Manly on Saturday night in an ideal final tune-up before the playoffs.

Manly is sweating on the fitness of halfback Matt Orford after the former Storm playmaker strained a medial ligament in his knee during the Sea Eagles' 21-20 win over the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Orford kicked the winning field goal in the match, but early indications are he may struggle to be fit for the Melbourne match.
scared more like it!! :)
nah, i want orford to play, so he can see first hand what he's missing out on.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How does it go "A picture paints a thousand words"
These players trust each other & know that they can depend on each other to get the job done,even if it's a struggle.This was NEVER the case with Orford !Wonder if anything has changed now that he's a Sea Eagle  ??? When push comes to shove next week at OP will he attempt to 'soar like an eagle' or become the ostritch we know from days of yore ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti wrote: they normaly go out hard Tigger, they're the minor premiers and there's the home ground advantage factor to consider.
You know lotti, I never would have known that if you hadn't pointed it out to me....... ::)

I thank the good lord every day for people like you who keep me up to date & on the straight & narrow  ;)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Christabella wrote: It appears to me that your really want Manly to win, if you truly supported both sides then you wouldn't care who won and thus be able to enjoy the game all the more.
Only a Manly fans would select not to watch the game because on the form you showed on Friday night there is no way you will beat the Storm.
I am with you on this one Bella, I think you are right, Me I just want the Storm to win and to win by heaps
I am back again.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I keep thinkin of why Melbourne can lose becasue of whats happened in the past! But i forgot that this teams different
They'l smash up Manly, if they lose i seriously doubt we can win this yrs comp
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: I keep thinkin of why Melbourne can lose becasue of whats happened in the past! But i forgot that this teams different
They'l smash up Manly, if they lose i seriously doubt we can win this yrs comp
It can not be good for us if we do lose
I am back again.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Manly's nightmare weekend

Friday 1st Sept - The nightmare begins
Newcastle Knights by dint of a bye & better for/against leapfrog into third spot and consign Manly to fourth.

Saturday 2nd Sept - The nightmare on Elm Swan St
In the face of a hostile home crowd Manly succumb to the raging Storm & slip further in the for/against battle.

Sunday 3rd Sept - The nightmare continues
A fast finishing Broncos,(aided by the rabid crowd at Suncorp), crush a Warriors team intent on starting Mad Monday a day early. This results in the Broncos,who already had a better for/against leaping into third spot,consigning the Knights to fourth & consigning the hapless Sea Eagles to fifth.

And if you dear reader consider this moment of imagination far fetched or harsh - Mayhaps you're on the wrong forum  ;)
Last edited by Bourbon Rat on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields