Semi in trouble with the law

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Semi has been fined $250 after an assault charge was heard in Brisbane.

[quote=""News.com.au"]UP and coming rugby league winger Semi Tadulala has been left embarrassed after copping a $250 fine over a nightclub assault in Brisbane.

The 25-year-old former Melbourne Storm player, who heads to England tomorrow to take up a two-year contract with Super League team Wakefield, faced court today over the incident.
He had been out partying to celebrate his departure with former Melbourne and Saint George player John Wilshire and Melbourne Storm's Josh Lavan.

Brisbane-based Tadulala, who played 13 games for Melbourne, was released by the club two months ago.

He was flanked by Lavan as he pleaded guilty to a charge of assault occasioning bodily harm in Brisbane's Magistrates Court today.

The charge arose from a clash at the Fringe Bar in inner city Fortitude Valley which quickly turned sour in the early hours of December 7.

Queensland police were called to the bar after receiving a complaint that Tadulala had punched Nicholas Devenuto in the face, cutting his right jaw.

Tadulala was ushered from the toilets of the club and into a police car to be taken to the local police station for questioning.

He was charged with the offence two hours later in Brisbane city watch house.

Tadulala was given 12 hours to pay his fine by Brisbane Magistrate Bernadette Callaghan before leaving the country.

Magistrate Callaghan opted against recording a conviction.

Outside court after the hearing, Tadulala was still at a loss to explain the incident.

The Fijian-born flier said he had been dancing when he "bumped" Mr Devenuto who then fell onto his girlfriend and spilt her drink.

Tadulala said he immediately apologised and offered to buy another, lining up at the crowded bar to make the purchase.

He said he was waiting to get served when he was pushed by Mr Devenuto, demanding the drink.

"I wasn't drunk or anything, I was just a bit frustrated that he kept pushing me," Tadulala said.

He said he pushed his victim back and the next thing he knew a bouncer came and said: "I'd get out of here if I was you".

"I was a bit disappointed in myself ... I have never been in a police car like that. I was very embarrassed." [/quote]

BTW - does anybody know anything about Josh Lavan? Fampa? Any clues?
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Never heard of him, certainly not a Q Cup player. I'll do some checking over the off season though.
*Champagne football*
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

So many new names and faces in next year's team... Not just new to the team but new to the league as well

I probably won't recognize them on the field.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm, it was a bit of a different story in the courier mail yesterday.
*Champagne football*