Orford Hotter Than Johns?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I saw an interveiw about him on the Sunday Footy Show a few weeks back and he said he was going to wait for June 30 and see what was available.

Not good for Melbourne
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i've been thinking for a while it sounds like he is getting cold feet.

anyone know what marty turner is up to? he didnt play for norths this week :?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Earl wrote:I saw an interveiw about him on the Sunday Footy Show a few weeks back and he said he was going to wait for June 30 and see what was available.

Not good for Melbourne
Can't really blame him for that. Hopefully he has a look around and realises that Melbourne is the shit and signs on for the next year or 10.

We should have some significant dosh to tempt him with, with Ross gone and Howe and McFadden soon to be gone or at very least taking massive pay cuts.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he waits til June 30 we will lose him. :( Phil Gould keeps saying that stripping the ball in a 2 man tackle is the worst rule in League, but surely it is the bloody June 30 deadline :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agreed SS. Matt Orford is about to sign the most important contract of his life.

If he goes else where why should he care about Melbourne performing post June 30?
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i have a few concerns at this stage, some mentioned here, others elsewhere. to summarise:

1. Matt would move to the central coast in an instant if someone offered
2. Newcastle may lose johns, and be looking for a replacement. newcastle might as well be the central coast.
3. Matt apparently has a very strained relationship with pete sharp
4. he is also willing to review offers from anywhere

there may be others, but the signs arent good. how much will we be able to spend on him, given that cooper, webster, maybe turner, friend, and ahost of others have all stepped up?

personally, i think matt will probably end up at the knights, but gee, i hope not

:cry: don't leave us matty *sniff*