HILL TO STAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucky 13 means Hill can stay but Broncos next mission
Thursday, July 6, 2006

Hill looks set to make a decision on his future in the next few days

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald

MELBOURNE five-eighth Scott Hill is set to decide his future within days - and the former international hasn't ruled out staying at the Storm.

Hill, who is considering offers from Parramatta and three Super League clubs, will make his 13th appearance of the season for Melbourne in tomorrow night's top-of-the-table clash with Brisbane in a remarkable turnaround after being dropped to the Storm's North Sydney feeder team just six weeks ago.

More significantly, the game entitles Hill to activate a clause in his contract giving him the option of remaining with the Storm for a further two years.

The club has been grooming teenager Jackson Nicolau, who played five-eighth for Queensland Residents in the curtain-raiser to last night's State of Origin, as Hill's long-term replacement and last week re-signed the Maroons' under-19s representative to a new two-year deal.

But Hill's form since serving a two-week suspension for pushing referee Sean Hampstead and his subsequent banishment to premier league has been good enough to have him considered as the next option to Mark Gasnier for the NSW five-eighth job.

"It seems a while ago now that Scott and I were sitting alone in the dressing room at North Sydney Oval wondering where we went from there," Hill's agent, Brian Satterley, said.

"The big thing was to get to 13 games. Once Scott does that it gives him the option of staying in Melbourne if he wants to."

A member of the Storm's inaugural team in 1998, changes to the NRL salary cap rules next year allowing clubs a $100,000 concession for players with eight years' service rather than 10 mean Hill is eligible for the discount if he remains in Melbourne.

But Satterley said Hill and his wife, Brooke, were also keen to move closer to their families, who live in Forster on the mid-north coast of NSW, as they now have three children under the age of five.

"When Scott went to Melbourne he was single and had no kids," Satterley said.

"It's tough on Brooke because half of the Storm's games are interstate and it generally means Scott's away . . . every second week."

Playing for the Eels would make Hill's family life easier as he would not have to travel outside of Sydney for many away games and would be near family.

However, Satterley said Hill and his wife also liked Melbourne and he was enjoying his football at the Storm again, while the Super League options had not been ruled out.

"The first priority for Scott at the moment is Friday night's game against the Broncos but after that we will sit down and make a decision probably by the end of the weekend or early next week," he said.

"The option with the Storm is his way so there's that to consider and I'm in contact with the Eels virtually every day so he has another option if he wants to stay in Australia, and then there's overseas.

"If Scott was to go to England, most of the teams are close to each other so there's not a great deal of travelling and Brooke has family over there, too, which would make things easier."

After he got all members of HBA'S hope up and now look at what he says, next he will say he has no interest at all in playing for NSW or Australia WTF, I like the idea of Jackson at 5/8, what has happened to his huge interest from Superleague did they come over and watch  him play??????What now at least I suppose HBA will have some one to get up set about next year, especailly if Walker leaves?????
I am back again.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope theres still a chance he will stay in Melbourne actually
but if not hopefully he signs with another aussie club.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

hmmmm....not sure what to think...

I was looking forward to seeing how Nicalou goes...i dont like to push guys out of the club that have done excellent for us (Hill) but at the same time..he will only be staying for a year, what if nicalou signs elsewhere? we will be in the same shit next yea rwhen we are trying to find another decent 5/8.

If Hill can play like he has the past 2 weeks consistently and wants to stay then he gets the spot, put nicalou on the bench or something..just garuntee him he has the spot when hill moves on. If hills form starts to drop off agian then...i say go with the younger bloke.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Rabble No 7
Squall
Squall

Please tell me its not true!!  I have already checked the calender and no its not April 1st, so that cancels out a cruel joke!!  Does this mean i have to cancel that leave form from work when we were going to wave him off at the Airport!!!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KINGY wrote: hmmmm....not sure what to think...

I was looking forward to seeing how Nicalou goes...i dont like to push guys out of the club that have done excellent for us (Hill) but at the same time..he will only be staying for a year, what if nicalou signs elsewhere? we will be in the same shit next yea rwhen we are trying to find another decent 5/8.

If Hill can play like he has the past 2 weeks consistently and wants to stay then he gets the spot, put nicalou on the bench or something..just garuntee him he has the spot when hill moves on. If hills form starts to drop off agian then...i say go with the younger bloke.

LOL Kingy ... you're own sig says Nicolau has re-signed for 2 years  :P

Interesting stuff regarding Hill.  Maybe he was bluffing all along and just waiting to get that 13th game under his belt.  I'd rather not see him at the Eels.  I'd like to think as one of our foundation players, he would not go to another NRL club.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

LOL...i mean what if he signs elsewhere after that....we will be left without a 5/8

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Piss him off to Parra, where the overrated players play
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
lotti

fingers crossed.  Scott stay, guys maybe you should maybe make signs saying in Hill we trust or something like that.  AAS I wouldn't say that Jamie Lyon is overrated but then he's no longer signed with the Eels.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH FRICK

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X ](*,)  ;)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

OH FRICK
HA!

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bloody typical. With his career at Melbourne in the balance, Hill starts playing his best football in 5 years. Eleven minutes after he finally manages to meet the criteria to allow him to extend his contract, he goes down injured. :-\
What a suprise. ::)

:P :P

Before someone gets too het up, it's a JOKE OK?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

GO HILL!

PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KINGY wrote: GO HILL!
O dear !! On which word should we place the emphasis  :P
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote: Bloody typical. With his career at Melbourne in the balance, Hill starts playing his best football in 5 years. Eleven minutes after he finally manages to meet the criteria to allow him to extend his contract, he goes down injured. :-\
What a suprise. ::)

:P :P

Before someone gets too het up, it's a JOKE OK?
Haha thats what I said in the match thread!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SCOTTY - The Great.
My prayers as a Christian for him to stay may be actually becoming reality.
Scott Hill - the Best
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League