Ribot wants to re sign four key storm members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw an article on nrl.com where John Ribot says he is confident of re-signing Craig Bellamy, Matt Orford, Cam Smith and Billy Slater to long term deals before christmas.
Each of their current contracts run out at the end of 2004, so I assume he wants it locked away to stop any rumours about players or coaches leaving before June 30.
If this happens, I for one will be a very happy chappy indeed!! :D :D
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If this happened what a great christmas present for us Storm supporters.

Would love it to happen.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Agreed!
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It would be good to see, but there'll still be the usual B.S. around the June 30 deadline, possibly being driven by some managers who alledgedly seem to be only too eager to line their pockets, rather than doing what's in the players best interests.
The NRL needs to get rid of the stupid June 30 deadline all together, and leave all the haggling till after the season ends.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Smacka wrote:The NRL needs to get rid of the stupid June 30 deadline all together, and leave all the haggling till after the season ends.
Exactly right, once again, the NRL should take a leaf out of the AFL's book here and leave all that crap til after the season. The way the AFL does it isn't perfect, but it kicks the shit out of the way it all happens in the NRL.