Super Cronk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

So its round 8(is it?) and we are coming 2nd on the table.

Whats everyones thoughts on Cronk? happy that we got him instead of orford? i know i am.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

not yet Kingy, we still have the Dragons/Roosters game on Tuesday.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:So its round 8(is it?) and we are coming 2nd on the table.

Whats everyones thoughts on Cronk? happy that we got him instead of orford? i know i am.
Not quite Round 8, one game to go but we are definitely second.  :D

Cronk is great, who ever doubted him?

As I was saying last year, Orford, Bell? No great loss.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh FFS! :roll:
Look at the ladder lotti, that game is completely insignificant to the above post.

Cronk has been brilliant, Orford has been his usual inconsistant self.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not quite Round 8, one game to go but we are definitely second.  Very Happy

lol..oops i knew it was round 7...but thought nah im wrong it has to be round 8. ah well.

I agree with you tho. I didnt see much of cronk but what i had seen of him before the season was enough for me to believe that he would do a great job , and thats exactly what he is doing. This experince is good for him and he will really improve as the season goes.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:
Not quite Round 8, one game to go but we are definitely second.  Very Happy

lol..oops i knew it was round 7...but thought nah im wrong it has to be round 8. ah well.
:lol: The way you phrased the original post I figured you meant the round ahead, round 7 being complete for the Storm.

Although I'm sure I heard Freeman say something about having 6 games away from home plus the bye before the match last night.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Apart from one game and a couple of halves .. the whole team has been (In my BigGayAl vioce) "Super"
:D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk was always going to step up and losing Orford was no big deal in my books.

What does worry me is how he will go with Hill once he is back.

IMO, Hill is not a dominate player but he dominates over some players and Cronk is someone who needs to be given a bit of free reign to develop.

Having Geyer or even Crocker as the half combination with Cronk has and allows Cronk to show just what a player he really is.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Cronk was always going to step up and losing Orford was no big deal in my books.

What does worry me is how he will go with Hill once he is back.

IMO, Hill is not a dominate player but he dominates over some players and Cronk is someone who needs to be given a bit of free reign to develop.

Having Geyer or even Crocker as the half combination with Cronk has and allows Cronk to show just what a player he really is.
Cronk was the one calling the shots on Saturday night.He learns n grows with each game.
He really doesn't need a loose cannon like Hill to derail what he's building & hopefully Hill will be told to BACK OFF  >:(
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree Hail Storm Hill needs to do what he dose best break the line out wide and of load, and give Copper and oppion. And let the young buck lean his craft and gain the respect of the forwards that he will guide around the paddock.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In trying to think who's game Cooper reminds me of I came to the conclusion that it is very similar to a (gulp) young Andrew John's.

Now Coop will never, ever be the player Joey is but in playing style they are quite similar. Once Coop starts running more and putting the defence in 2 minds you'll see the similarity a stand out a bit more. One thing he does have on Joey though is he is a lot quicker (prob. the quickest half in the comp).
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Coops has been as consistent as ever, nothing fancy nothing standout-ish just doing his bit.
I don't know if he will be a star half (like an Orford or Kimmorly) but bellyache has changed the game plan substantially by the looks and for the better I think, we are looking more structured and I like it.
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KINGY wrote: So its round 8(is it?) and we are coming 2nd on the table.

Matt Who?
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crooner wrote: I don't know if he will be a star half (like an Orford or Kimmorly)
Orford showed far less than Coops in is in his first yr as halfback. He could break the line and do things off the top of his head though. Which would later on be the Orford we come to know, the little ox, Coops is only showing little glimpses of what he will be, building slowly and getting better and better.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

losing orford wasn't such an issue to me, and that seems to be justified by him still being unable to turn a deficit into a win. losing bell was worse, but even then we have filled that gap adequately.

congrats to steve btw, it is good to see him still playing brilliant footy, at least now he is a better chance of getting the qld jumper he deserved while playing for us.