News - Halfback Gower Seeking Release

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.nrl.com/News/News/tabid/55/N ... fault.aspx
Views: 524Halfback Gower seeking release: report
Friday, February 3, 2006 - 7:51 PM

Penrith halfback Craig Gower is reportedly seeking a release from his contract with the rugby league club.

Gower, who was stripped of the captaincy and fined $100,000 - $30,000 of which was suspended - following a series of drunken incidents at a golfing function in December, is understood to be unhappy with the action the club took over the matter.

Channel Ten reported the 27-year-old's manager Greg Willett had a meeting with Penrith general manager Mick Leary to discuss various issues in relation to Gower on Friday.

Leary, who did not answer phone calls on Friday evening, was reported to have denied Gower was specifically seeking a release from a five year contract which was signed last year.

Gower has already been linked to the Castleford club in England and NRL team the Melbourne Storm.

He is currently overseas on his honeymoon.

Brought to you by AAP
There'd be no complaints from me if we were to sign him.  :twisted: twisted: :twisted:

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
lotti

and therefore unable to contradict the reports, I'll believe it when Gower confirms it because it sounds like the Monaghan stuff Weilder was putting out you know how Manly was looking to offload him onto the Roosters and the Rabbitohs but Manly and Monaghan(or someone close to him) came out and denied it the Manly CEO even said that it was the other way around.  If it's true then at least we'll have a tried and true half back for this season.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn't be too bad, but I think it's time for Cooper to get a crack at it.  Have a look at what Tim Smith did with Parra last year as a young, untested halfback
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

top of the table, and Craig said we wouldn't make the top 8.  I have it on the authority of a triple C employee that used to go to school with Cooper(I think it was last year) that he's a rising star.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If Channel 10 and Danny Wierdler say it's so then it must be true, just like the stories last year about Graham Murray and the Cowboys.
lotti

With Monas it was channel 9 and Weidler, guys take it with a grain of salt that what the Delta forum members do when an article about Delta comes out we don't believe it until it's confirmed by either Delta herself or by Lea her mother/manager even when it's good news we tend not to believe it(like Delta appearing on the OC).
Last edited by lotti on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yeah i can see the comparisons between delta and gower myself too
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Allykat wrote: yeah i can see the comparisons between delta and gower myself too
Sarcasm? I hate sarcasm! ;)
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: If Channel 10 and Danny Wierdler say it's so then it must be true, just like the stories last year about Graham Murray and the Cowboys.
And every other story about player dissatisfaction that Weidler has ever reported.
Like I said elsewhere there is as much a chance of Gower partnering Walker at North Sydney than there is of him coming to  Melbourne. Besides it shouldn't matter, Cronk will do a good enough job, or else as Simo's sig says you're screwed. :twisted: LOL
Surandy wrote:
Allykat wrote: yeah i can see the comparisons between delta and gower myself too
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
Are you kidding, this sarcasm detector is off the charts!
Sarcasm detector now there's a real useful invention .... KABOOM!

Oh and Buzz I love the Simpsons quotes!
<<<<<<------- :D :D :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote:
Surandy wrote: If Channel 10 and Danny Wierdler say it's so then it must be true, just like the stories last year about Graham Murray and the Cowboys.
And every other story about player dissatisfaction that Weidler has ever reported.
Like I said elsewhere there is as much a chance of Gower partnering Walker at North Sydney than there is of him coming to Melbourne. Besides it shouldn't matter, Cronk will do a good enough job, or else as Simo's sig says you're screwed. :twisted: LOL
Surandy wrote:
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
Are you kidding, this sarcasm detector is off the charts!
Sarcasm detector now there's a real useful invention .... KABOOM!

Oh and Buzz I love the Simpsons quotes!
<<<<<<------- :D :D :D

You need to be a Young Ones fan to appreciate my hate of sarcasm. ;)
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yes well I needed the opportunity to state that now without a doubt this is the best forum I belong to.
I could spend hours simply refreshing the index page and laughing at the quote it spits out. :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Go Gower.... Melb is a great place with lots of Golf courses to run amok ion :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
lotti

I was using her as an example Ally.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gower might be a good halfback...but he is the type of person you dont want at your club. He is rude, a pig and doesnt give a toss about the fans. plus i dont think we could even afford him.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote: Gower might be a good halfback...but he is the type of person you dont want at your club. He is rude, a pig and doesnt give a toss about the fans. plus i dont think we could even afford him.
Sounds like a perfect replacement for Joey Johns :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]