DO YOU WANT TO PLAY OZTAG?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Which day do you prefer to play oztag on?

Poll runs till Mon Jan 27, 2042 7:06 am

Monday
13%
Tuesday
38%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
50%

Total votes: 8
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

A group of us wants to play some open-to-all, very informal oztag at Gosch's Paddock (in Richmond, corner of Swan Street and Punt Road - near Olympic Park) over the next 5-6 weeks, probably in the late afternoon. (Starting around 6:30PM for all those who need time to get there after work)... and YES, it is FREE, completely free, as always.

All you need is to bring yourself and as many friends as you can drag along!

We haven't decided on a day yet, so please cast your vote to show us which is the best day for the most people.  Friday is a bit tricky for some people, but if that is the only day you could make it, please let us know.

If you want more information, don't hesitate to reply or message me.

Billy-Bob
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sorry if this sounds dumb but what is oztag. I have heard it mentioned b4 but don't know what it is
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

OzTag is touch rugby with the league thrown in! Lot's of fun for all ages (and fitness levels!) :)

Unfortunately, don't think I'll be able to make it this year. Everything's just so unpredictable!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I;d be up 4 playing but I would need 2 learn the rules first
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: I;d be up 4 playing but I would need 2 learn the rules first
its easy mate...its exactly like touch football...not sure if these guys do different rules but up here the only rules and stuff are cant palm, or turn 360 degrees when you got the ball in hand and cant dive..other then that its just like touch footy.

and you wear a velcro belt around your waist with these little coloured strips(tags) with velcro on one end and it hangs off of the belt...instead of "touching" you rip the tag off.

is that how you guys do it down there or what?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

Yes, those are the rules.  I didn't know about the 360-degree rule though.  The game is designed to encourage passing, attacking footy.  If your defence is organised you can hold them out, but unlike touch-footy it doesn't encourage the mindless hit-up-three-times-like-a-mindless-robot method of gaining ground; it's like real rugby-league in that way I suppose.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Any day bar Monday.

Is it a full feild?
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Billy-Bob wrote: Yes, those are the rules.  I didn't know about the 360-degree rule though.  The game is designed to encourage passing, attacking footy.  If your defence is organised you can hold them out, but unlike touch-footy it doesn't encourage the mindless hit-up-three-times-like-a-mindless-robot method of gaining ground; it's like real rugby-league in that way I suppose.
yeah...i played at school and in a local comp a couple of years ago and they had the 360 degree rule...but whatever...the game is really fun and fast.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So are we on this Thrusday (tommora). :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: So are we on this Thrusday (tommora). :D
I ask two days in advance this week :D