No Major Sponsor

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

MONY wrote:some great English there champ! :pukeleft:
That was English?!?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Isn't Medibank private our Sponsor????
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think they're still listed as a sleeve sponsor. Haven't seen any benefits for members tho. Wish they'd bring back the innovative health care which included a free general admission membership. That was supposed to be a "for life" deal. Probably what helped them die and be bought out by HCF.
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mikey wrote:Titans?????

I spoke 2 Brian Waldron on SEN yesterday and he said there splitting it into 4 and close 2 siging 3 ofg them and 2 expect soem announcments after xmas
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

MONY wrote:
Mikey wrote:Titans?????

I spoke 2 Brian Waldron on SEN yesterday and he said there splitting it into 4 and close 2 siging 3 ofg them and 2 expect soem announcments after xmas
Did you have a point to make MONY or are you just bored at work again? :?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

My guess is the bored option.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

seems to be getting bored alot as of late.

i suggest learning to twiddle your thumbs mony. its real fun when your bored.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

4 and close 2 siging 3 ofg them and 2 expect soem announcments

some great English there....

4 and close to signing 3 of them and to expect some announcements

thats my point.....cheers
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

MONY wrote:some great English there champ! :pukeleft:

Leave The Picking of Grammar to the Leagueunlimited Boards PLEASE!!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

ok sorry. my bad......... i woll leve ti ot the LU boreds
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Back on topic (and yes I am still alive - I know everyone has been missing me! :^o ), but who would want to sponsor a team that gets totally snubbed by the main FTA broadcaster even though that team spent the entire year in the top 8??? Where's the value in sponsorship if you're not going to get any exposure?! I reckon that is the sole reason why we don't have a major backer, and why we are forced to do deals with "interested parties" to make it more affordable for them... farkin' Channel 9 the wankers are to blame! :evil:
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote:Back on topic (and yes I am still alive - I know everyone has been missing me! :^o ), but who would want to sponsor a team that gets totally snubbed by the main FTA broadcaster even though that team spent the entire year in the top 8??? Where's the value in sponsorship if you're not going to get any exposure?! I reckon that is the sole reason why we don't have a major backer, and why we are forced to do deals with "interested parties" to make it more affordable for them... farkin' Channel 9 the wankers are to blame! :evil:
Considering todays news that 'channel eddie' have won the AFL's FTA - We are going to be looking at even less exposure :roll:

AFL = This is our game calendar for 2006 - How much are you offering ?
NRL = Please channel nine which side of your ass do you want us to kiss first :evil:
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote:Back on topic (and yes I am still alive - I know everyone has been missing me! :^o ), but who would want to sponsor a team that gets totally snubbed by the main FTA broadcaster even though that team spent the entire year in the top 8??? Where's the value in sponsorship if you're not going to get any exposure?! I reckon that is the sole reason why we don't have a major backer, and why we are forced to do deals with "interested parties" to make it more affordable for them... farkin' Channel 9 the wankers are to blame! :evil:
And to make it even worse for us in Melbourne it looks like Nein are certain to get the AFL rights for another 5 years based on todays reports.

Looks like another 5 years of Friday Night Footy (NRL) being shown after midnight, yes I know the new NRL rights require Nein to schedule it to start before midnight but I'm sure Nein will consistently use the "program overrun" to explain why it's not shown until after midnight!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Let's not forget that Nein have got the rights to the NRL double headers - which means TWO games would be shown after midnight (if at all) on Fridays.

I've still got my fingers crossed that Seven's selling of TDome could free up enough capital for them and 10 to match the offer. What's frustrating is whomever is showing friday night AFL won't go head to head against NRL in NSW or QLD - meaning the live Foxtel option for Nein has the upper hand.

I know Nein will never show NRL live into Melbourne on a Friday night - but a start BEFORE midnight would be nice.

On a side note - if the AFL buys management rights for TDome from Seven - could they use their power to block RL and RU and Soccer from playing there again? To protect the surface and all? ;)
lotti

I wish 9 would give the Victorian fans a break ok they might not get big ratings in Victoria but come on.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!