Well Done SEN

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormBrad
Squall
Squall

i know most people or some people at least hate SEN now, but i think we should send a thanking email to them regarding their NRL coverage for this season, something we havent seen for ages if at all ever, i know every sunday i tuned into the coverage of the game 2GB were doing, although alot of people hate the commentators im not fussed considering we are actaully getting some form of coverage into melbourne, once again thank you SEN!
The Premiers of 2005 are - Melbourne Storm
endike
Squall
Squall

Agree Brad :D
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Why would we hate SEN? They've been great this season and you can't blame them for the commentators because all they've done was just relay the 2GB broadcast.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

SEN are good..i dont live down there but i listen to it sometimes up here and they do a good job for the storm. Esp dedicating a 1 hour show to them...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:SEN are good..i dont live down there but i listen to it sometimes up here and they do a good job for the storm. Esp dedicating a 1 hour show to them...
They've been doing a 1 hour show for Storm?!? I thought that ended last year! :shock:

What timeslot and day of the week was it on???
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
KINGY wrote:SEN are good..i dont live down there but i listen to it sometimes up here and they do a good job for the storm. Esp dedicating a 1 hour show to them...
They've been doing a 1 hour show for Storm?!? I thought that ended last year! :shock:

no they did one 1 hour show this year. you know the one where robbo told his crap jokes :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

that's the one before the cowboys game.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:
Surandy wrote:

no they did one 1 hour show this year. you know the one where robbo told his crap jokes :lol:
Oh, is that all. Why should we be thankful for that? It was good but really was to be expected given SEN's claim to be an ALL sports network. Had it been a one hour weekly show then I'd be grateful, even though that is still less than they do for other sports, shit even fishing get's more time than that per week.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

One wonders what will happen if SEN get rights to broadcast AFL.The NRL coverage would be pretty limited I reckon but at least they have given exposure to NRL,Soccer & NBL.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

SEN is better than nothing....... Just.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: SEN is better than nothing....... Just.
I've heard more Storm news in the sports segment of Gold 104's news than on SEN's news. Shit even K-Rock mentioned King's selection in the Kangaroos squad yesterday in their news segment, yet SEN didn't mention it on their news.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: I've heard more Storm news in the sports segment of Gold 104's news than on SEN's news. Shit even K-Rock mentioned King's selection in the Kangaroos squad yesterday in their news segment, yet SEN didn't mention it on their news.
Yeah they did, it was on a couple of times - just not every bulletin. He did an interview with their drive show too.

I agree their coverage isn't everything we could want, but given that (AFAIK) Storm don't pay them (unlike Melbourne Draw who are giving them $$$ hand over fist) we don't do that badly. They give Storm a lot more time a week than Channel Nein give to League as a whole in Victoria.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:Yeah they did, it was on a couple of times - just not every bulletin. He did an interview with their drive show too.
Unfortunately I miss 99% of interviews SEN does with Storm players, as I seriously cannot be stuffed putting up with listening to them continuously waffle on about AFL. And on the times they have talked rugby league it's frequently to focus on the negatives, which is partly why I rarely listen to the Continuous Crap Team. It'll be interesting to see what happens in 2006.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I reckon we should all email SEN but we should request that next year they call the Stom games themselves rather then take a 2GB feed. There were a couple of times this year where the Storm were playing btu we were forced 2 listen 2 a game involving 2 Sydney teams which is stoopid

Melbourne Tigers also pay SEn 2 call their games I believe