Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:I think the thing we needed to change was to add some size. We have done that, but with young guys who will take a year or two to get used to the grind of week in week out front row work.

This year will really help White and Kafusi. I think White is a real goer, and Kafusi has the potential to be anything in a couple of years.
totally agree. To think that white was a premier league player before he came to us is bit hard to believe. He really did great work for us this year. But a few games where he was a ghost...but he is only young and as you said this year prolly gave him so much experince and esp being around a guy like kearns. AK ive decided to give him 1 more chance...see how he goes next year then ill decide weather we should punt him. he did play good this year(towards the end)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't work out why White was off for so long the other night. I thought he was really good, and ripped in to the big Cowboys pack.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

Melbourne has 1 player that the other clubs haven't seen yet, can't think of his name though.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea and they only signed him for $40,000. what a bargain
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

our gameplan will revolve around the forwards more than this year. Crocker, Cross, White, Kaufusi, Crossman, Scott, Feeney, Hoffman, Kidwell, Johnson.

we have 4 big boppers and a few guys who can offload and are rangy backrowers..... hoffman, crocker, scott, kidwell

Billy can latch onto these guys ala stephen kearney/robbie ross
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote:I couldn't work out why White was off for so long the other night. I thought he was really good, and ripped in to the big Cowboys pack.
Also Cronk was injected too late. :(
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hi, first post on this site. Great to find a sit solely dedicated to us storm fans. This is what I posted on another site regarding next year for the storm. What do you think.

Anyway I'd like to give my opinion on the Storm and where they stand in relation to the 06' season. Next year will probably be a very frustrating year in all likelihood with their being three main areas of concern.

i) Can Cronk cover the loss off Orford ? Personally I think he can, though in the long term I believe he's our next 5/8 after Scott Hill leaves. His running game is more suited to standing 2 off the ruck and the space that gives you. I'm really not concerned about Orford leaving as Scott Hill has been making him look better than he really is just like he did with Kimmorley.

ii) Ill-Discipline. This is the aspect of the storms game that will make or break thier season. The storm will have 4-5 players in their top 17 who have a reputation for ill-discipline i.e. Kidwell, Donnelly, Ben Cross, Kaufusi and Michael Crocker. If they can cut down on the unneccesary penalities they they are talented enough to claim a top four spot as long as........

iii)..... One off our front rowers elevates his game. We need one off our props to step - up and fill Kearns's place. Whether that its in the shape off Dennis Scott ,Garret Crossman or Feeney playing the role off steadying influence similar to 'Bobbies' role or Cross, White or Kaufusi going to a new level. Personally I think Kaufusi is the X factor. He's been in the system for 3 years now and even though he'll be only 22 next year its time for him to become an start fulfilling his promise. Craig Bellamy should give him first crack at a starting position next year and see if he rises to the challenge.

It will also be interesting to watch Michael Crocker next year. Now that he has a great coach who should get him to forget about trying to be an enforcer and become a great running 2nd rower. If he puts it all together he'd probably rate only behind Nathan Hindmarsh and Ben kennedy amongst back rowers in terms off being the complete package. You only have to see his form in SOO to see the type off player he can be.

So what will be our starting team next year , heres my side with a small critque on some players

Fullback) Billy Slater - Important year for Billy, can he tighten up his defence and become a complete fullback. If not he wont play SOO again and might even find his spot under threat from Steve Turner.

Winger) Matt Geyer - Should be his last year and doesnt deserve to spend it on the bench.

Winger) Jake Webster

Centre) Matt King - Needs to get more involved. Should watch some videos of Wendall Sailor to see how a big fast man can help out his forwards.

Centre) Greg Inglis - This a better position for him and the team. Will get more 1 on 1 oportunities in the centres. In 2 years time will be the best back in the game. Should be given the gk responsibilities. Headed for a great,great career. Long term tip- Barring injuries should finish as he greatest point scorer in Rugby League history.

5/8) Scott Hill

1/2 back) Cooper Cronk

Lock) Dallas Johnston

2nd Rowers) Michael Crocker
Ryan Hoffman- Important year. Needs to cut out the miracle pass he looks for to often and increase his workrate in defence.

Props) Brett White and Antonio Kaufusi.

Hooker) obvious.

Bench.
Steve Turner - can cover the backline postions. e.g. Hoffman comes off Hill goes to lock and geyer goes to 5/8. In the Robbie Ross mould.
Ben Cross.
David Kidwell
Dennis Scott

Then a mix of Feeney, Crossman, Donnelly and some of the younger players applying pressure to get in the team.

Peace.
James
Squall
Squall

Wow! Pretty good first post! :)

Kidwell seems to have fixed his discipline problems. The others can too, hopefully.

Our props needs to learn to offload a bit more to create opportuntities for unpredictable, creative attacking. Kaufusi was doing a neat little fend-and-flcikpass thing against the cowboys which was a step in the right direction.

Who is your vote for captain, Noa? And did you ever drink Raiders Lime?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

James wrote:Wow! Pretty good first post! :)

Kidwell seems to have fixed his discipline problems. The others can too, hopefully.

Our props needs to learn to offload a bit more to create opportuntities for unpredictable, creative attacking. Kaufusi was doing a neat little fend-and-flcikpass thing against the cowboys which was a step in the right direction.

Who is your vote for captain, Noa? And did you ever drink Raiders Lime?

Cam Smith is the obvious choice though I think Cooper Cronk shows definate leadership qualities. See his berating of Donnelly a month or two ago. Will make a good leadership team with Cam in a couple of years.

Didnt drink much lime but their was always plenty of MILK to go around. Also Remember downing 20 or 30 schooners one night at the Woden labor club. :D
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Everyone berates Donnelly :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We do but you hardly ever see league players do it, especially 21 year 'rookies' do that to experienced players. He actually shoved him.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i can see your point. but getting pissed off at a team mate who stuffed up is different to actually leading players around the park. Telling them where to stand and what the next play is and lifting them up when there confidence is down is what he will need to do.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it was Cooper who did that??
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote:I thought it was Cooper who did that??
it was

Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KINGY wrote:i can see your point. but getting pissed off at a team mate who stuffed up is different to actually leading players around the park. Telling them where to stand and what the next play is and lifting them up when there confidence is down is what he will need to do.
Off course you wouldnt want to see that in his game in the future, I was just impressed that such a young player had the balls to say to a senior player WTF are you doing. If youve read the article saying how Cronk leads the celebration amongst the single players it suggests to me that he's aleady viewed as somewhat off a leader by members of the team. Dont know him personally but he probably has one of those charasmatics personalities that people respond too. That to me marks him as a future leader.