channel (nine) nein only showing Grand Final Live

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
leaguekids
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I have spoken to Channel (Nein) programming - it is a Melbourne decission not to show any games.

I have sent an email to the NRL - they have told Channel Nine in Melbourne not good enough.

I have also sent one to Fats sack - advising them of the non televising.

Ring channel nine in melbourne ask for Programming and complain.

Send emails to the Footy Show - the more we send we may get somewhere.

SEN are broadcasting 1173 on the AM dial. Thank god for Radio. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just found this on rleague.com. Perhaps all is not yet lost :?:

"Melbourne TV Coverage Update
Tue Sep 13, 12:53pm (VIC)
Written by: Steve Coughlan
GTV9 Melbourne have just confirmed that the Storm v Cowboys match on Saturday Night, will be broadcast into Melbourne at 9:40pm, instead of 12:40am, Sunday, as originally scheduled.

While this is an improvement on last weeks 11:30pm offering, Channel Nine, a major sponsor of the Melbourne Storm, still have a long way to go to improve their support of the team, and the game in Victoria."

http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=19450
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freeze wrote:I just found this on rleague.com. Perhaps all is not yet lost :?:

"Melbourne TV Coverage Update
Tue Sep 13, 12:53pm (VIC)
Written by: Steve Coughlan
GTV9 Melbourne have just confirmed that the Storm v Cowboys match on Saturday Night, will be broadcast into Melbourne at 9:40pm, instead of 12:40am, Sunday, as originally scheduled.

While this is an improvement on last weeks 11:30pm offering, Channel Nine, a major sponsor of the Melbourne Storm, still have a long way to go to improve their support of the team, and the game in Victoria."

http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=19450
Nine, a major sponsor of Melbourne Storm?? WHAT THE ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where did Steve Coughlan pull that one from? :roll:

Anyway, this is good news. I saw it on the storm website and checked the nine tv guide but it still had it as 12:40am so thought it might've been a typo. Should make it home from the Rising Sun in time to watch us smash the Cowboys all over again YOU BEAUTY!!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

erm.. SEN is 1116. Unless you mean they're going to use 1173 for the Grand Final

I think we're at a point where we need a federal legislation for reasonable sports broadcasting policies. The anti-siphoning laws are being flouted by GTV 9. Instead of saying FTA channels should get first dibs on certain sports, they should say if FTA channels fail to show important sports events live or at reasonable time, PayTV will be allowed to broadcast it for nothing live or slightly delayed into areas that aren't receiving the FTA coverage.

Problem is Packer owns part of Foxtel too.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Heh, Channel 9 isn't a major sponsor, they're one of the official partners. I wonder what sort of partnership arrangement they have. It's certainly not doing the Storm any favor whatsoever.

where on the storm website did you see it?
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The day will come where it will be open slather on sports & who televises them.Channel 9 have been the masters of picking & choosing what they want to show.Only last week they took over the US Tennis Open for the final few days where Foxtel had shown numerous hours of early rounds.With the Storm in the finals if 9 don't want it pay tv or others should be able to show it.
aims11
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Did anyone see the ad tonight about the game...yes channel nine have made an ad about a storm game. I nearly shit myself!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

aims11 wrote:Did anyone see the ad tonight about the game...yes channel nine have made an ad about a storm game. I nearly shit myself!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

not only that, but yesterday, we were on the early editions of both channel 9 and 10 news and today again on channel 10.

everyone is jumping on the bandwagon :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:not only that, but yesterday, we were on the early editions of both channel 9 and 10 news and today again on channel 10.

everyone is jumping on the bandwagon :)
Even Channel 7 had a bit on Robbie Kearns on this morning.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Channel 7 has been reporting on Storm also.A win this week will create even more interest.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

starting to feel like 1999
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Now pllllllease beat the Cowboys!

(ps. i saw that ad too, i nearly fell off my chair)
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

aims11 wrote:Did anyone see the ad tonight about the game...yes channel nine have made an ad about a storm game. I nearly shit myself!!
Are NEIN! feeling a bit sick or something? If they're promoting us they must be! :lol:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

cam wrote:Now pllllllease beat the Cowboys!

(ps. i saw that ad too, i nearly fell off my chair)
I haven't seen it yet (might have something to do with the fact that all I watch on Nein is RL), is it any good?