Storm caught in a whirlpool

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:Sad news about Robbo. He had a horrendous run with injuries. :cry: :cry: :cry:

With Robbo retiring, the Storm could release Chan and Kaufusi to free up some money. Already lost Bell. AK wouldn't free up much, but Chan is an international and probably on a fair bit. Maybe they should release Cooper cronk. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:faroah:
maybe you should shut up :lol:

chan and AK can go......cronk cant go he is going to be the next wally lewis 8)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

*Kicks Kingy in the side of the knee, more painful than the shin the other day :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

:joker:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk wouldn't be on a hell of a lot of money so there wouldn't be any great effect.

We release Hill and that would free up a lot
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

[quote=""Stormwarning[c"]"]Cronk wouldn't be on a hell of a lot of money so there wouldn't be any great effect.

We release Hill and that would free up a lot[/quote]

then who goes 5/8?

and dont say geyer!!!

Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NO! We need Hill. Cronk has NOTHING on Hill. Hill is the kind of player that can win us the close games, the best shot we have of winning finals games. We need him.

Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

agree LR... Stormwarning, we know you don't like Hill, but don't let that cloud your judgement. Hill is a quality player and a crucial part of this team
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:NO! We need Hill. Cronk has NOTHING on Hill. Hill is the kind of player that can win us the close games, the best shot we have of winning finals games. We need him.

Was he our 5/8th in the 99 GF? :wink:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:agree LR... Stormwarning, we know you don't like Hill, but don't let that cloud your judgement. Hill is a quality player and a crucial part of this team
I wont let it cloud my judgement, I want to see him play a full season at Lock.

I honest believe that he could be one of the games best in that position and he has had five coaches say to him thats where he should be playing....just he's too big headed to listen.

Remember we have always done well in the finals when he hasn't been playing :wink: :wink: :wink:

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c wrote:"][quote=""steaming stormer"]agree LR... Stormwarning, we know you don't like Hill, but don't let that cloud your judgement. Hill is a quality player and a crucial part of this team
I wont let it cloud my judgement, I want to see him play a full season at Lock.

I honest believe that he could be one of the games best in that position and he has had five coaches say to him thats where he should be playing....just he's too big headed to listen.

Remember we have always done well in the finals when he hasn't been playing :wink: :wink: :wink:[/quote]

if bellamy told him to move to lock, im sure he would....plus where would dallas "johnstone" johnson move?

Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure where Dallas would move to but the past Storm, Australian and NSW coaches have all said the same to Hill.

I'm not sure if Bellamy has told him to move to Lock or not, it is only my view and not one that may be right....although I doubt it ;) ;) ;) :)

The other view is leave Dallas where he is and let Hill move to Souths with Orford ;) (I know that is cheeky of me) ;)

Who would play 5/8?.....very good question, yes I would say Geyer as he has done the job of SUPPORTING the half back and helping the half back when in that position.

I will pose this question....Why is it that Orford has 'every game this year' spoken to Geyer on plays and not Hill (before people jump in, when Hill HAS played). Could it be that Orford and Geyer have gelled as a playing partnership where as Hill is STILL trying to dominate Orofrd's playing style....only a question people.

But it is becoming very clear who (on field) Orford prefers to plan the game out with.

JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can I say, Five Eighth and lock are very similar positions, except for a different side, and running slightly different lines. I think you'll find Stormwarning, Scott Hill may wear the 6, but his game this year at least, has had an element of forward to it. You could argue, that Matt Geyer does indeed play some footy at stand off during a a match, when he comes in and get's involved. I think Craig Bellamy knows exactly what he's doing, and by NAMING Scott Hill in the 6, doesn't mean he's stuck at five eighth.

On the signings situation.
I would like to think that Robbie Kearns would see out his stellar carrer with Melbourne. I would feel quite sad if he finished at another NRL club. If we do get Ross, then as you guys have said, goodbye Turner, Kearns etc. So I am now leaning towards Ross joining the Tigers, for the fact, that it'd sting me to see Robbie in an opposing jersey.

And on Orford, apparently he's said Souths' would improve their chances by relocating to Gosford. But then they have said - NO WAY. I wish he'd make his mind up one way or the other, at least Noddy didn't drag it out this long, he said he always intended to leave.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

[quote=""Stormwarning[c"]"]Not sure where Dallas would move to but the past Storm, Australian and NSW coaches have all said the same to Hill.

I'm not sure if Bellamy has told him to move to Lock or not, it is only my view and not one that may be right....although I doubt it ;) ;) ;) :)

The other view is leave Dallas where he is and let Hill move to Souths with Orford ;) (I know that is cheeky of me) ;)

Who would play 5/8?.....very good question, yes I would say Geyer as he has done the job of SUPPORTING the half back and helping the half back when in that position.

I will pose this question....Why is it that Orford has 'every game this year' spoken to Geyer on plays and not Hill (before people jump in, when Hill HAS played). Could it be that Orford and Geyer have gelled as a playing partnership where as Hill is STILL trying to dominate Orofrd's playing style....only a question people.

But it is becoming very clear who (on field) Orford prefers to plan the game out with.[/quote]

:lol:

its impossible to have a discussion that involves scott hill, with you.

ill just leave you be...to think what you want and keep my opinion to myself on this.

Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh come on Kingy, it's good to hear others views...isn't ;)

Unlike some others that post on hear, I like reading others views

As I have said for the money and the crap we have gone through for Hill I think we could have done better. only my view and more than likely means Sh&%, but thats my view :) :)

girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KINGY wrote:this was the worst part about the article:
If Orford insists on staying at the Storm for the money that was initially offered, the club would be forced to offload players on existing contracts.
so we could possibly lose more players if orford stays..........
Do you think Jeremiah Pai will be released (if he is contracted for next year)?
It doesn't look like he has been close to first grade this season.
www.mightybears.com

www.northsydneybears.com.au
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

[quote=""Stormwarning[c"]"]Oh come on Kingy, it's good to hear others views...isn't ;)

Unlike some others that post on hear, I like reading others views

As I have said for the money and the crap we have gone through for Hill I think we could have done better. only my view and more than likely means Sh&%, but thats my view :) :)[/quote]

it is good to read other views yes..and i love seeing what other people have to say....

BUT

a discussion about hill with you =im not getting anywhere, if you dislike somone then what can i do :lol:

you dont think hill should be there...i think he should ...geyer isnt a play maker, you need to be a play maker to go to the 5/8 spot...geyer does a good job there but he certainly isnt a play maker.... just my thoughts...i know you disagree tho...thats why i didnt want to go on :wink: