Kearns vs. Stevens Rd 1

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
James
Squall
Squall

This is getting pretty heated now! It might help to snap the players out of their slumber, at least...

Look here.

What about this line from Stevens?
"The feedback with the boys here (in the City camp) ... everyone I've spoken to said, 'Mate we're glad you said it'.

"I was umming and ahhing about whether to say something but everyone has said 'good' because they are sick of it when they play Melbourne."
Tool. :evil:
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

James wrote:This is getting pretty heated now! It might help to snap the players out of their slumber, at least...

Look here.

What about this line from Stevens?
"The feedback with the boys here (in the City camp) ... everyone I've spoken to said, 'Mate we're glad you said it'.

"I was umming and ahhing about whether to say something but everyone has said 'good' because they are sick of it when they play Melbourne."
Tool. :evil:

He is grumpy and he is not even 35.

You Sexual Frustration is out of control he is going to blow.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

stevens is a homo...and i hope he suffers a serious injury..
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i just read that on the interent in the libraray at school, and i kind of screamed at the computer.

seriously what a tool...get a root already and get over the shit
oh and stop friggen giving wedgies
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i like how the paper has built it up to be an extraordinary attack on stevens...when all kearnsy said was he is a grub...lol

WOW stop the presses! a grub...whats the big deal

Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I loved this line:
"He's a good mate of mine but there is always niggle in him."
Followed by stuff like "he's a bit of a grub" and "he's grubby", it really does sound like they are good mates!!

:lol:

Way to go Kearnsy!! ;)
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

kearns can find better mates he doesnt need homo'around him

Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i think all players should just keep there mouths shut from now on. its just draging out the issue more, causing more bad press.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:i think all players should just keep there mouths shut from now on. its just draging out the issue more, causing more bad press.
Spot on Dani. All Robbie has done is open up the chance for 'the grub' to have another shot at Storm about tackling technique. He hasn't done us any favours at all. :?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would gladly welcome an OPEN discussion on this topic - if someone wants to make allegations regarding the Storm, I would love to shove images like those posted in the other thread down their whinging throats!
Saying nothing and copping the abuse and allegations (especially from a turd like Stevens) just gets more people on the bandwagon because they assume it must be true. I have had numerous people ask me about my Storm and why they do grapple tackles, and I am sick of having to throw back the same response. If someone came out once and for all and showed the examples of EVERY team doing the so-called grapple tackles, it would be accepted that we are not the only ones tackling around the neck, and could stop the Storm bashing!!

Well done Kearns - bring it on I say!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Insomniac wrote:I would gladly welcome an OPEN discussion on this topic - if someone wants to make allegations regarding the Storm, I would love to shove images like those posted in the other thread down their whinging throats!
Saying nothing and copping the abuse and allegations (especially from a turd like Stevens) just gets more people on the bandwagon because they assume it must be true. I have had numerous people ask me about my Storm and why they do grapple tackles, and I am sick of having to throw back the same response. If someone came out once and for all and showed the examples of EVERY team doing the so-called grapple tackles, it would be accepted that we are not the only ones tackling around the neck, and could stop the Storm bashing!!

Well done Kearns - bring it on I say!
Yep I agree with Kearsy Brinig it on. :D

Remember Stormers...... It is us v them.

Of Course all the City Players are happy with him Critiseing the Storm 'cause it takes the heat of there Club.

Stevens is a first Class "Thrower of a tantrum like a 3 year old"
:lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

"The feedback with the boys here (in the City camp) ... everyone I've spoken to said, 'Mate we're glad you said it'."
And how many in that City team do the grapple tackle themselves? And of those that don't, how many others have their own "dirty" tackling style ala Wedgie Boy? :roll:
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote:I loved this line:
"He's a good mate of mine but there is always niggle in him."
Followed by stuff like "he's a bit of a grub" and "he's grubby", it really does sound like they are good mates!! ...
They sound like a couple of school boys resorting to name calling and insults and "I have so-and-so to back me up!" :roll:

As for the bit about being backed up by City players I wonder what might have come out if Orford was still in the side to defend the club agaisnt the claims. I wonder who these gutless, nameless players that were speaking to Stevens are. I think I may even ask one member of that side about it, I do have his email address after all, but until now I couldn't think of a decent thing to use it for ;)
Last edited by Christabella on Thu May 05, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

You'll find that the word is "Grubby" :lol: :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i think this is getting emabarassing more than anything else

Murray backs Stevens over choke storm
By Steve Mascord
May 6, 2005

City Origin coach Graham Murray has added some rare pre-match spice to the annual clash with Country by backing his prop, Jason Stevens, over criticism of Melbourne's tackling tactics.

Murray's opposite number at Lismore tonight will be Storm coach Craig Bellamy, whose players, according to Stevens, "choked" the prop at Olympic Park last Saturday night.

The claim prompted a stinging response from Melbourne captain Robbie Kearns.

Kearns told Big League on Wednesday that Stevens was "one of the dirtiest players around" and accused him of "doing the wedgie for 12 years". He added: "Every time he has the ball, he leads with his elbow."

Former Australia captain Wally Lewis even described the wedgie - pulling a player's pants up as he is being tackled - as "spineless". But Murray yesterday leapt to the defence of his front-rower, saying the comments that sparked the slanging match were justified.

"All I'll say is that I had a lot to say to [referees' coach] Robert Finch after our trial against the Melbourne Storm," Murray said. "I spoke to him about policing grapple tackles. In that particular tackle he is speaking about, I fully support Jason Stevens in saying that is something we don't need in the game."

Bellamy also hit out at players who had withdrawn through injury without attending the medical on Monday. Manly's Brent Kite and Parramatta's Timana Tahu fell into that category, although it is believed Bellamy was referring to Tahu.

He insisted tonight's game was "not an Origin trial", noting that Country five-eighth Scott Hill was man of the match last year and missed out on a NSW berth.

Tahu might yet play for the Eels against North Queensland on Sunday despite having been ruled out with a back injury.

"We had an instance of one player, who I won't name, who was ruled out without coming to the medical," Bellamy said. "His club ruled him out. I think, if you are going to be ruled out, you should come to the medical."

Kite (shoulder) will miss at least a week, and Manly coach Des Hasler said: "The Country rugby league didn't give us an itinerary until last Friday."

The Sharks have been given a warning over being late onto the field for the second half on Saturday. Coach Stuart Raper said: "We've been accused of being whingers but my players complained of being grabbed around the neck after that game and they haven't complained about it before. They aren't whingers, they're tough and they're not bullshitters …"