Steve Perkin, Jealousy is not flattering.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you don't know who this is, If you read today Hearld Sun, He write on page 7 of the TV Guide today. I have not heard such utter tripe from this DH in my life.

I looked on HS website and it was not on there, So i am typing them out here and i do apologise for mistakes

I have been to the logies twice, and both times I went expecting to win a logie.

The fact that I didn't is a clear indication that the voting system is a joke.

Now, this has nothing to do with Sour grapes(AAS: bullshit)

As excutive producer of the footy show(AAS:CREDITABILLY has gone out of the window), I was well aware that ed, Sam and Trevor were the perople who made things happen and that I was little more than a bit player and that, if we won a Logie,it would end up in Ed's office, not mine(AAS: shows who is running the AFL footy show).

And nor did I mind losing, provided we lost to something with some geniune production merit(AAS: Hint of Sour Grapes).

but we didn't.

We lost to the NRL footy show, a second-rate live production(AAS: so does that mean the AFL footy show is third rate) that wouldn't last 10 minutes were it not linked to the code of football controlled by the Nine NetworK(AAS: It CALLED COMEDY, and they take the piss out of them self, but Sam is just a pisshead(ie. Jim Beam).

Here was a show which, at the time, was being watched by about 100,000 fewer people than the AFL version, yet, when the votes were cast, we were apparently not as popular(AAS: Yes that is comparing Sydney to Melbourne and there more Country NSW QLD and Outback NT veiwers watch the NRL footy show than more than the Melbourne AFL footy Show viewers and the Vic Country viewers combined).

And it happened agian on Sunday Nights(AAS: The Sour grapes agian)

Despite the 2005 version of the AFL footy show peaking last week, as an example, at 440,000 viewers, and the NRL viewers, the latter was voted more popular(AAS: What company is this with? There are two companies that are doing ratings Oztam and AcNeilsen).

Can anyone tell me how this happens?(AAS: people hate your show and prefer the NRL footy show)

There are two explanations. One is that the Sydney office of Channel Nine is mor aggressive at organision people to vote(AAS: could be more people voted in Brisbane and Sydney compared to melbourne, Adelaide and Perth Combined).

The other is that votes cast for "footy show" and which don't stipulate NRL or AFL. Get tossed in the NRL because votes are tabulated in Sydney(NOTE: SOUR GRAPES IS NOT GOOD AT ALL and this is not the case. I know that)

Either way, doesn't it render the entire logies voting system a Farce(AAS: HAHAHAHAH YOU ARE A FARCE. THIS WHOLE ARTICLE IS FULL OF SOUR GRAPED NONSENSE. Note: i am not yelling but boy this gets my blood boiling)

Of course it does, and untill the process Chaanges and a voting system is put into place that wither has some link to rating or is controlled by respected industry figures(AAS: THE VIEWER HAVE A SAY AS WELL YOU IDIOT), the Logies, as far as I'm Concerned , will remain nothing more than a good piss-up to which I no longer get invited.(AAS: GOOD RIDENCE, YOU BIG FAT CRY BABY)

What are your thoughts. IMO THIS BULLSHIT and he is a sook
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

there was something kind of simialr in the tv guide bit about a month ago, it read something along the lines of "why do they have fatty on triple m in the morning on monday and friday, no one in melbourne cares about RL"
i was gonna write in and say that the same show is broadcast through melb, syd, and QLD, all at the same time... but i didnt
they're all scum
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh my God! I would be too embarrassed to put my name to such drivel! :roll:
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LOL he obviously needs to get his head outta the sand and find out what people actually find entertaining.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Steve who?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

StormGurlDani wrote:there was something kind of simialr in the tv guide bit about a month ago, it read something along the lines of "why do they have fatty on triple m in the morning on monday and friday, no one in melbourne cares about RL"
i was gonna write in and say that the same show is broadcast through melb, syd, and QLD, all at the same time... but i didnt
they're all scum

Some people are so naive to think that since there own little worl consists of only Melbourne that everone elses dose also :lol: :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Logies are cringeworthy and are as meaningless and pointless as this Friday night's rugby league fixture.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

That article definately is sour grapes but I must say I agree with him to an extent ... how the hell did the Sydney Footy Show win?
I never saw any of the Logies but does anyone remember what other shows were in the same catergory? There has got to be something much more decent than both of them!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sports Tonight, Before the Game and The Dream in Athens were in the same category.

What suprised me was Channel 7 not winning for outstanding sports coverage for the Olympics. That's nearly a shoe-in every 4 years... they must have stuffed up something rotten while I was over there then...
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS wrote:and untill the process Chaanges and a
I think you added an extra a in there AAS. :wink: :D

But personally, I think that both footy shows are an absolute load of utter crap.

PS Nice work writing the whole thing out.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

thinga87 wrote:The Logies are cringeworthy and are as meaningless and pointless as this Friday night's rugby league fixture.
Rather the fuglys?
I think more should be made of these awards as they sum up Australian television so much better than the Logies :)
thinga87 wrote:Sports Tonight, Before the Game and The Dream in Athens were in the same category.
Given the alternatives i would have selected the Dream, Roy and HG make me laugh so much more often than any of the Footy Show personalities in either code
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cancelled TV Show That Should be Returned
Winner: SeaChange
This was the most popular category this year with the greatest variety of nominees. That's why we've given you a list of the top 15 to see if you can find a cancelled program that should be brought back.

Top Nominees
Burkes Backyard, Micallef Tonight/The Micallef Program, Hey Hey It's Saturday, George Negus Tonight, It's A Knock Out, The Late Show, Kingswood Country, Aunty Jack, Frontline, Number 96, Secret Life of Us, Good News Week, Always Greener

I WOULD LOVE TO BRING BACK IT's A KNOCKOUT

Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Booth Footy show are inane.

The Chaser decides was a great win for the comedy section though.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

AAS wrote:Cancelled TV Show That Should be Returned
Winner: SeaChange
This was the most popular category this year with the greatest variety of nominees. That's why we've given you a list of the top 15 to see if you can find a cancelled program that should be brought back.

Top Nominees
Burkes Backyard, Micallef Tonight/The Micallef Program, Hey Hey It's Saturday, George Negus Tonight, It's A Knock Out, The Late Show, Kingswood Country, Aunty Jack, Frontline, Number 96, Secret Life of Us, Good News Week, Always Greener

I WOULD LOVE TO BRING BACK IT's A KNOCKOUT
OMG so would I, I used to get up at 6am as a kid to watch that!
*singing* "It's a knockout, that's the name of the game!"
Last edited by Christabella on Wed May 04, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have scanned the article and my dad has sent it to the Footy show.