Melbourne - Bloody Ordinary

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

No one will, and no one should take Melbourne serioulsy unless they stop putting in these stupid Jeckal and Hyde performances.

Orford IMO is the main offender. You could have sworn that tonight was the first time he had the kicking duties in his career. He was dismal.

Alex Chan. Go home learn to tackle and then come back. He'll be gone for another 3 weeks minimum. Slater could also face suspension for a head slam on Simmons.

Grow some heart Melbourne.

I'm off to cool down :arrow:
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Earl wrote:No one will, and no one should take Melbourne serioulsy unless they stop putting in these stupid Jeckal and Hyde performances.

Orford IMO is the main offender. You could have sworn that tonight was the first time he had the kicking duties in his career. He was dismal.

Alex Chan. Go home learn to tackle and then come back. He'll be gone for another 3 weeks minimum. Slater could also face suspension for a head slam on Simmons.

Grow some heart Melbourne.

I'm off to cool down :arrow:

Billy did not head slam.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So much for my Alex Chan will not be suspended for the rest of the season prediction. :(
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm struggling to find a positive to take out of the game.
The seemed to ignore any of the lessons the Parramatta loss should have taught them.
Chan didn't have a good night in any case, so suspension might have saved him from getting dropped either to the bench or worse IMO.
Orford didn't play well again with the pressure on, if he wants $450K, it's Cooper Cronk's job for the taking.
Also, while Hampstead made a few contentious calls, blaming the referee doesn't do any justice as to how ordinary Melbourne were tonight.

On another note, the "grapple tackle" the Laurie Daley continually rants about isn't back, it's always been around because every team attacks the head during games. If they come up with Melbourne examples during the week, I reckon I'd find the same number in every game from the other 14 clubs.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:cry: To the Storm friends I've made & shared the last seven seasons with Sorry but I've had enough.

Not sure if it was the 'I've been here 30 seconds & know more than you',game anouncer telling me when I should scream for my team - or the totally ordinary performance from the team,(some of whom are DEMANDING $450 thou :roll: ),or the try hard MOPT security guard who informed my younger brother,(for telling him not to harrass my young neice),that,(AND THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE),"We will remember your face & you won't be allowed in in future" :evil:

I've had enough !! I now seriously think that the Storm is not worth supporting.

Thanks to all the fans for all the great memories..............BYE

George Fairclough
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

im angry and will say shit that i dont mean i dont give a shit.

on tonights performance and a few others this year....orford can lima lima lima duck off...bring cronk into the half position.....he cannot kick and as soon as he is up agianst a good halfback he is worthless

my ratings for tonight:

1. Billy Slater-shit...billy your sposed to pick the ball up not run passed it
2. Matt Geyer-good
3. Steve Bell-good
4. Matt King-was he even playing?
5. Jake Webster-wheres inglis when you need him
6. Scott Hill-half decent..good pass to sharks player tho
7. Matt Orford-useless with the boot...:roll:
8. Robbie Kearns (c)-good
9. Cameron Smith-pretty damn good
10. Alex Chan- 1 missed tackle lead to a try the other lead to a disallowed try other then that...shizzer!
11. David Kidwell-half decent
12. Ryan Hoffman- :roll: why cant he play like he did vs broncos
13. Dallas Johnson- good

14. Dennis Scott- not to bad
15. Glen Turner-meh
16. Peter Robinson-good but injured :roll:
17. Brett White- some ok defence

never before have i been embarrased twice in one season by how my team played....well this year is a first for me coz i was embarrased at that shit we did tonight

ref didnt cost us the game but where was the ref with these :

high tackle to kidwell-kidwell knocks on sharks score.

sharks player elbow to slaters nose

sharks player punching geyer in the back of the head for no reason at all.

sharks deadset knock-on in the second half near the sideline

thank god for the bye ..our only chance of getting past 10 pts

:roll: :roll:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

PD wrote::cry: To the Storm friends I've made & shared the last seven seasons with Sorry but I've had enough.

Not sure if it was the 'I've been here 30 seconds & know more than you',game anouncer telling me when I should scream for my team - or the totally ordinary performance from the team,(some of whom are DEMANDING $450 thou :roll: ),or the try hard MOPT security guard who informed my younger brother,(for telling him not to harrass my young neice),that,(AND THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE),"We will remember your face & you won't be allowed in in future" :evil:

I've had enough !! I now seriously think that the Storm is not worth supporting.

Thanks to all the fans for all the great memories..............BYE

George Fairclough
big call dont blame you tho....ive thought about it a few times...but ill stick in there :( but i cant take to much more of this inconsistent turd

Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Absolute embarassment. Orford is overrated and is not worth $450K let alone $300K. He's on fire one week and absolute shithouse the next. Let him piss off to wherever he wants so we can lock in Cronk for a long term deal. :evil: Orford is not rep material and should get that fact hammered straight through his head before asking outrageous amounts of money. Billy Slater, what the hell is he doing on the field? Useless!! :evil: If he's afraid of getting tackled, he might as well stay home!!
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am as pissed off as I can be, but to jump ship and no longer support the team is a joke, sorry. I don't know what your niece or brother did, and security can be a problem, but that is not something the club have control over.

As for the game, we are shit!! Forget talk about premierships, we'll be lucky to make the 8. Consistency was the goal this year according to the players, and we are far from consistent!!

Orford, I'm sorry, I love you, but you are a rung below rep football, and should be paid accordingly. Every time you come up against a halfback who is a 'rep contender', you get flogged. Kimmorley absolutely pissed on you tonight, and for this reason you are not a $450k player.

Billy... you are a fullback, not a halfback. Stop kicking the lima lima lima duck thing!!!!!!!! Especially on 2nd tackle. What is that???

Boys, when is a tackle completed... when you put the frigging player on his back, or on the ground at least. How many ineffective tackles can you have in a game????? Line speed was ok to start with, but that dropped away, but our tackling was atrocious!!!!!

Hopefully I'll calm down soon. I thought Parramatta was the worst game I had seen us play. I was wrong.

Having said that, the Sharks deserved the win. They thoroughly outplayed us, and for once the ref had absolutely no impact on that result, so don't even consider blaming him!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

oh and robbo went off injured too....news gets better and better!

thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The worst thing about this loss and the Parra one too is that we're being dominated by the opposition forwards and we seem to have no answers at times. That should be one thing (even with a 'small' pack) that we should never let happen on our home turf. When this happens they need to take a good hard look at themselves. Jamie McDonald (on today's form) should be a shoe-in against the Bunnies.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Losses come with supporting a team, if you cant support them during a couple of losses then why did you even start. You cant expect a 50 - 0 scoreline each week. Its a long year and to say that you have or just about to give up on supporting the storm is crazy and maybe half the reason we dont get decent crowds.. because most are band-wagoners. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by cam on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought our forwards at least competed. Our backs were terrible. Kearns was our best. But for gods sake complete a tackle. It's a long two weeks to think about it boys
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

What can I say?!?

Pathetic? Not strong enough. lima lima lima duck useless? Still not strong enough.

I haven't seen a game that bad since Muppet was coach. And even then I'm struggling to think of a game that was comparably as bad.

That was the first time ever I just wanted to leave before the end of the game. At 1 min 47 sec I had to struggle to stay seated rather than just walk out. I didn't go see the players on their lap after the game, I didn't even go back to the social club.

I have never seen a game so filled with dropped ball, poor kicking, passes direct to opposition players who are standing still for lima lima lima duck sake!!! And Kingy, don't just blame Scott Hill for that, a number of other players did it as well. To continue....knock ons, missed tackles, opposition players allowed to offload at will, I can keep going but I've had enough.

I am glad we have the bye next week as it gives me a chance to calm down.

Edit: Oh, and congratulations to the bench players as they were the only ones capable of scoring tries.
Last edited by Surandy on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm glad I found my inflatable football today, it was thrown at the TV a number of times tonight. :oops:

The most annoying thing at the moment is our team has the talent to do great things, they just seem too flaky at the moment to dominate every week.

I'm off to cool down now - the pool is looking good :lol: