Storm Vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm going to White Castle... anyone wanna come too? :rr:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh yeah, somehow this win isn't as lasting as the first game (I stopped smiling after one hour - after game one it took 3 hours) , maybe because it was the first home game in months.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just love beating the Broncos... always have... thrashing them by a record score is even better
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:
KINGY wrote:if cam and ox had got their kicks would have been 60-4...but whos complaining? :)

did you mean leon bott TS?...coz he is damn fast....i know tame toupu is ok..but i think the fast one is that bott guy?
yeah, Bott. 60-4. I'M COMPLAINING!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: *waits for christabella to complain about my complaining despite handing the broncos the most points scored against and their worst ever loss.* :lol: :lol:
:lol: Hahaha, well you have a right to complain this week - the Broncos should have never even got on the board!
Bloody Bobby Slater and his generousity! I told a Broncos fan he owed Slater a thank you for that.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

slater should be sacked for that ;)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tune in next week for the next instalment of the Billy and Bobby Slater show...

Raises bat at reaching the double ton
coops
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thunderstruck wrote
"I'm a little bit disappointed we sort of fell asleep in the second half and it shows from the speed of the game. "
Thunderstruck

the speede of the game in the second half was just as quick as the first half just purely on the statistical side. In the first half we scored 5 tries, in the second half we scored 5 tries. That suggests to me the pace was just as quick in the second term as the first. I have been an active reader of the forum for a while an your continual whinging about how the form drops off and how they can do better is somewhat annoying. Just be thankful we have a team that is performing well, although this does not seem to be good enough for the almighty Thunderstruck.

Be thankful we have an awesome team and revel in thier ability to play well and do not complain about their minor mistakes.
coops
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thunderstruck wrote
"I'm a little bit disappointed we sort of fell asleep in the second half and it shows from the speed of the game. "
Thunderstruck

the speede of the game in the second half was just as quick as the first half just purely on the statistical side. In the first half we scored 5 tries, in the second half we scored 5 tries. That suggests to me the pace was just as quick in the second term as the first. I have been an active reader of the forum for a while an your continual whinging about how the form drops off and how they can do better is somewhat annoying. Just be thankful we have a team that is performing well, although this does not seem to be good enough for the almighty Thunderstruck.

Be thankful we have an awesome team and revel in thier ability to play well and do not complain about their minor mistakes.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Thunderstruck wrote:
KINGY wrote:if cam and ox had got their kicks would have been 60-4...but whos complaining? :)

did you mean leon bott TS?...coz he is damn fast....i know tame toupu is ok..but i think the fast one is that bott guy?
yeah, Bott. 60-4. I'M COMPLAINING!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: *waits for christabella to complain about my complaining despite handing the broncos the most points scored against and their worst ever loss.* :lol: :lol:

Yea I thought it was there biggest loss ever. :D :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I got you the first time!. Were you at the game? The whole pace seemed slower at the second half, sure 5 tries were scored on each half but it seemed like we dropped off the intensity. I got an opinion and I'm not afraid to express it. I also have criticised Scott Hill numerous times in the past, I even called on him to be dropped in years gone by but I give credit when it's due. I've been critical of Geyer this season but the last two games he's been very good, he was excellent last week and even better this week. Exceeded expectations. I don't just complain without any reason, plus, I haven't been the only one who noticed the pace slowing down at certain points of the game. Why shouldn't we take note of our team's minor mistakes? it's those minor mistakes that can cost a team a game. Granted, they may have not mattered in our three wins this season but they're still mistakes that can be corrected.

I'm not here to simply praise the team regardless of what they do. If they stuff up, I'll rip into them without remorse or regret.

So you've been an active reader, so what? I'm actually pleased I managed to bring a lurker into the fold. Welcome.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

The Broncos were absolutely stuffed.

The last line out drop kick it was like just kick it anywhere will do 'cause there just gonna score agian. :lol:

I didn't notice the drop in intensity till around 15 minutes left.

It was great... Every time the Storm scored the Broncos would group together and I could see every one of them at certain times looking at the score board and shaking there head in disbelife.

Even I couldn't belive it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

twas a great game
although i think i celebrated a tad to hard...i may have a slight headache in the morning
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thunderstruck.. we had a pretty good lead. Ofcourse we will try and slow the game down??? we do still have a game to play next week so we gotta save some energy for then mate. Lol. how come theres always one person on here after a win that has something negative to say. (im sure if that was a souths scoreline there fans would be more than happy with their effort)
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I always have a negative opinion to keep things in check but compared to the praises I gave for tonight's game, it was minimal! I'm not taking this any further, I'm happy with the game. One tiny dig and I'm suddenly satan. :roll:
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fair enough. Some people are pessimistic on everything i guess :?