1st Semi Final vs Roosters @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ordinarily I'd be massively worried, but given it would just lead to the inevitable embarrassing shellacking by the Panthers the following week if we do beat the Roosters, I'm not all that fussed what happens to be honest. We're simply not good enough this year to be competitive in a PF or GF, so I'd rather avoid the embarrassment on the big stage.

For this week though, I wouldn't mind seeing/trying Meaney at 7 and Faalogo at 1 if Hughes doesn't play, just to see how that would go, but I'd assume CB would go Harry at 7 and Garlick at 9 before he'd do that.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:20 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:18 pm I Donno any of you went to the training session today

Being their main training session you would think all the main players would be there …they wernt and other players were filling in for them

Up till the session started I was thinking we might win now my thinking it might not be that easy

Hmmmmm sighhh
Still trying to tell you all
Jahrome didn’t train

Now the reports are he is in doubt to play
To be fair Sally, your post didn't tell us anything much, just that some of the key players weren't there.
I don't do cryptic crosswords, how were we supposed to know that meant Hughes was injured? Are you trying to tell us other spine players were missing too?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:42 pm
sallymay wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:20 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:18 pm I Donno any of you went to the training session today

Being their main training session you would think all the main players would be there …they wernt and other players were filling in for them

Up till the session started I was thinking we might win now my thinking it might not be that easy

Hmmmmm sighhh
Still trying to tell you all
Jahrome didn’t train

Now the reports are he is in doubt to play
To be fair Sally, your post didn't tell us anything much, just that some of the key players weren't there.
I don't do cryptic crosswords, how were we supposed to know that meant Hughes was injured? Are you trying to tell us other spine players were missing too?

Well I thought people would ask …

Plus I’ve posted things before and it’s got me into trouble before so I’m not trying to break news

And yes Harry didn’t train either on Tuesday…looks like he did capt run so Harry will play

From Tuesday session
Nick
Tyran
Cam
Harry
14 Bronson
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hughes officially out

Wishart to 7

Sua and Macca omitted from the squad

Confidence is low but I hope the boys can rally for one last push, if we can get a morale boosting win after the absolutely awful last week we’ve had and get Hughes and X back for the Prelim who knows, got to keep the faith ⚡️
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There’s a backline that will strike fear into the Roosters and Panthers!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

The team tonight needs to:

Step up in the middle and match the Roosters pack and give Grant some opportunities to work off the go forward.

Then we need Munster magic. A large slab of it please…

Win this in the forwards. Do not think it’s all outwide and trying to take on the patched up Chooks back line. Got to go forward first
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

What the lima lima lima duck are they playing at with these ticket prices? Category 2 at $90 and Category 1 at $100 shows just how out of touch NRL are - particularly with a bigger attraction on across the road.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If Munster (who has been very ORDINARY lately) doesn't fire on Friday - we are cooked.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Roosters have been ordinary almost all year. I still can’t help but feel they are going to dominate us. I hate being negative, but I genuinely cannot remember ever feeling so unenthusiastic for a finals game.
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yourhero wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:42 pm The Roosters have been ordinary almost all year. I still can’t help but feel they are going to dominate us. I hate being negative, but I genuinely cannot remember ever feeling so unenthusiastic for a finals game.
Same here, getting strong vibes of 2013/14 where we simply didn't have another gear for finals and other teams bullied us.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At our absolute best (Sharks and Raiders games this season) we can roll anyone, unfortunately showing that level twice all season isn’t a good sign that a 3rd effort like that is incoming, we know what the Munsters and Grants are capable of, I’m just not sure they have anything left to give.

It’s been a long season, we have had a lot of injuries and more adversity than usual to deal with, to finish 3rd was a minor miracle but I tend to agree with above comments, I’m just not sure the cattle and ability is there this late in the piece to really cause any trouble, if we beat the Roosters we are on a hiding to nothing vs Penrith next week anyway, that being said a good win tonight would be a nice way to finish the season.

Prove me wrong guys, go out there and win the whole thing I would love nothing more than to eat a big piece of humble pie in this case! 🤞
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Getting dunked on by Brandon Smith and a beat up/average Roosters team would be pretty fitting end to the season.

If I knew Bellamy had more up his sleeve besides starting Harry off the bench I'd be more keen for this one.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Imagine NAS running all night at Walker on the edge, sigh.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like Harry is going to start from the bench, hopefully Garlick can give us a super opening 20 and lay a good platform for when Grant enters the fray
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wishart, Garlick and NAS starting.

Bench of Grant, Welch, Eisenhuth and Sims.

Anderson 18th man. Moeroa drops out. (Unlucky to miss both finals).