Round 26 - Storm vs Titans AAMI Park, 26th Aug

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Coates has had a pretty good back half of the season. I still can't figure out why we want him catching the ball on the angle with very little room to move. Dude gets monstered by anyone and we always give up the ball.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:46 pm Coates has had a pretty good back half of the season. I still can't figure out why we want him catching the ball on the angle with very little room to move. Dude gets monstered by anyone and we always give up the ball.
Because he's fast, they think he's Addo-Carr but he's a different player and you're right, he needs different passes and angles to be effective
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nice lead I feel like a lot of teams underestimate the Titans they are a gritty side, pretty happy with an 8 point halftime lead.

- Discipline still a HUGE issue for us, some of the dumb penalties and set restarts we give away is just mind boggling some times, just dumb footy from some guys that should know better

- Hughes/Munster both finding form at the right time, happy watching them combine and cutting teams to ribbons again

- Still not sold on the centres, and I don’t have an answer for it, Seve has been ok made some nice breaks but has been poor defensively and with his discipline, Young T just isn’t good enough for mine, Reimis probably a bit hard done by to not get back into the side

- Why wait until after half time to play Paps? Would it not have been more effectual to let him just play QLD cup and get 80 minutes? Do we want to throw him on cold if this game goes down to the wire? I thought maybe the 25/30 minute mark was the way to go

- Our attack has looked sharp, agree about Coates he has been much improved as the seasons gone on, genuine X-factor and I’m glad our wingers are finally being used again, playing with width has been great and I noticed Garlick shifted to lock again and was fantastic getting us playing wide, 13 is his spot.

- Welch … what has happened to this guy? Our captain? Not sure he should be in the 17 at the moment, maybe needs a spell either to freshen up or a kick up the bum in QLD cup, he has been poor all season much like Olam before him the form drop off has been unbelievable, not sure he has much more time to get it right.

- Bring on Paps!!!
Last edited by Papenhuyzen23 on Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It feels like every time we play the Titans, it ends up a shootout and defence is a secondary thought.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:52 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:46 pm Coates has had a pretty good back half of the season. I still can't figure out why we want him catching the ball on the angle with very little room to move. Dude gets monstered by anyone and we always give up the ball.
Because he's fast, they think he's Addo-Carr but he's a different player and you're right, he needs different passes and angles to be effective
Feel like he'd be better used on the right so he could at least use a right foot step to come back infield.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch just doesn’t know how to get onside or get square at marker. He’s called out almost every set.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah damn hopefully just a stinger for Harry.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, Tepai is soooo much better than Alec. :rolleye:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Moeroa and Garlick passes man....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ahhhh there it is. Our outstanding inability to defend basic backline plays.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's a couple of 90m sets from the Titans the last 5 minutes. Boys are struggling with their speed.

And our slowest player on the field gets us some room on the scoreboard lmao.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a shock that we are being out-enthused. It's not like we have anything to play for.

Hopefully the presence of Paps now opens up opportunities for others.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome looks to be in some trouble.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Coates would've knocked that on trying to catch it earlier in the year... good on him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair effort to the Titans for making things a bit uncomfortable there. They have some guys in their team who caused some real issues for us.

Hopefully the couple of injuries we picked up a fine in a couple of weeks. If the sharks lose tomorrow we shouldn’t play anyone important next week.