Round 26 - Storm vs Titans AAMI Park, 26th Aug

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Hopefully it's happy papi day at 4pm with TLT
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy papi day …I can go with that
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Expecting something like this:

1. Meaney
2. Coates
3. Smith
4. Seve
5. Warbrick
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Welch (c)
9. Grant
10. Kamikamika
11. Loiero
12. Katoa
13. King

14. Papenhuyzen
15. Eisenhuth
16. Moeroa
17. Asofa-Solomona

18. Garlick
19. MacDonald
20. Wishart
21. Pezet
22. Sims

I think Young T makes way for Smith, Paps more than likely starts on the bench to ease him in, other than that I think it’ll be the usual. Some guys really need to lift their game coming into the finals my main two being Welch & Munster, both have been off the boil, we know what they are capable of and need both firing to be any chance in September footy. I am nervous for Paps too, this game is important we need to win if we want top 4 which is huge so I hope we see the best version of the Storm this week, Titans are decimated by injury with little to play for but always give us a decent game, they’ve beaten us twice recently even when we have scored 30 plus points so we need the defence to be on point! That being said I think we win comfortably, us by 18.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Official

Papi’s back, King out.

1. Meaney
2. Warbrick
3. Seve
4. Tonumaipea
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Kamikamika
9. Grant
10. Welch (c)
11. Loiero
12. Katoa
13. Asofa-Solomona

14. Garlick
15. Eisenhuth
16. Moeroa
17. MacDonald

18. Smith
19. Papenhuyzen
20. Lewis
21. Sims
22. Wishart
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Titans

1. AJ Brimson 2. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 3. Brian Kelly 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Jojo Fifita 6. Kieran Foran 7. Thomas Weaver 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Chris Randall 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. David Fifita 12. Klese Haas 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 14. Kruise Leeming 15. Isaac Liu 16. Joe Stimson 17. Jacob Alick 18. Keano Kini 19. Jo Vuna 20. Tony Francis 21. Iszac Fa'asumaleaui 22. Josiah Pahulu
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why is King out?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Says his rested after playing every game
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:52 pm Why is King out?
… ‘cos he’s fairly anonymous?
I know you all really rate him - I don’t.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:15 pm
I actually agree in part, I love King and think he works very hard for the team, but he is NOT a modern day lock, you look at the Murray’s & Yeo’s of the competition and they have pace, ball playing ability and play the link man perfectly, whilst King does his best he is a workhorse who isn’t ever really a threat with the ball in hand, I think he should revert back to prop, I’d prefer to see someone like Garlick or Lewis play 13. We need to be a bit more mobile, afew weeks ago when NAS was in the back row we had Welch Tui King and NAS all on the paddock at the same time and we looked slow with almost no mobility or agility, definitely need to find a skilful quick Murray type to fill that 13 jersey, Garlick looks the most likely for me.
CJB_1188
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:47 pm
Kettles wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:15 pm
I actually agree in part, I love King and think he works very hard for the team, but he is NOT a modern day lock, you look at the Murray’s & Yeo’s of the competition and they have pace, ball playing ability and play the link man perfectly, whilst King does his best he is a workhorse who isn’t ever really a threat with the ball in hand, I think he should revert back to prop, I’d prefer to see someone like Garlick or Lewis play 13. We need to be a bit more mobile, afew weeks ago when NAS was in the back row we had Welch Tui King and NAS all on the paddock at the same time and we looked slow with almost no mobility or agility, definitely need to find a skilful quick Murray type to fill that 13 jersey, Garlick looks the most likely for me.
Alec MacDonald?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely a good team in the finals will burn us for it but genuinely impressed and surprised Young and Seve are keeping out the more recognised duo for another week.

Gotta be a bit embarrassing to think the highly rated King was dropped.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Macca doesn’t have the ball playing required either unfortunately, I actually think CB trialed Garlick at lock vs the Dragons, when Harry came back on from his HIA King went off for over 30 minutes of game time and Garlick was playing centrally but not at 9, if you actually watch Warbricks 2nd try you’ll see exactly what I mean about him being a decent 13, Young T took a run from dummy half on the left then there was a lightning quick shift to the right after his play the ball, Munster got the ball and fired a pass to Garlick who was directly infront of the sticks about 20 out, normally most of our forwards would rumble it forward and take a tackle and give us the split option to go left or right for the next play but instead and this is the first time I’ve seen us do this in a long time, Garlick actually takes a step and rifles a long ball out to Hughes, you could tell the Dragons defence weren’t expecting it and Meaney was actually in position for a perfect sweep, once Hughes took a few steps and played out the back Meaney had a 2 on 1 all he had to do was draw and pass to Warbrick who scored untouched about 5 metres in from the sideline, haven’t seen us skin a team like that in ages and it’s what South’s and Penrith do constantly to teams, we need a ball playing lock to read those mismatches out wide and have the ability to shift it quickly to our outside men, too often we play conservative and try to rumble up the guts, I really like Garlick at 13 I hope he comes in for NAS after the early fire vs the Titans and shows what he can do, he is a good player who I think has a real future locking the scrum.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe try a full stop and a paragraph here and there, Papenhuyzen23! :hypno:
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:26 pm Macca doesn’t have the ball playing required either unfortunately, I actually think CB trialed Garlick at lock vs the Dragons, when Harry came back on from his HIA King went off for over 30 minutes of game time and Garlick was playing centrally but not at 9, if you actually watch Warbricks 2nd try you’ll see exactly what I mean about him being a decent 13, Young T took a run from dummy half on the left then there was a lightning quick shift to the right after his play the ball, Munster got the ball and fired a pass to Garlick who was directly infront of the sticks about 20 out, normally most of our forwards would rumble it forward and take a tackle and give us the split option to go left or right for the next play but instead and this is the first time I’ve seen us do this in a long time, Garlick actually takes a step and rifles a long ball out to Hughes, you could tell the Dragons defence weren’t expecting it and Meaney was actually in position for a perfect sweep, once Hughes took a few steps and played out the back Meaney had a 2 on 1 all he had to do was draw and pass to Warbrick who scored untouched about 5 metres in from the sideline, haven’t seen us skin a team like that in ages and it’s what South’s and Penrith do constantly to teams, we need a ball playing lock to read those mismatches out wide and have the ability to shift it quickly to our outside men, too often we play conservative and try to rumble up the guts, I really like Garlick at 13 I hope he comes in for NAS after the early fire vs the Titans and shows what he can do, he is a good player who I think has a real future locking the scrum.
I love this, fantastic post
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:56 pm Surely a good team in the finals will burn us for it but genuinely impressed and surprised Young and Seve are keeping out the more recognised duo for another week.

Gotta be a bit embarrassing to think the highly rated King was dropped.
He wasn't dropped. Embarassing to think that he was.