Round 22 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

🤣🤣🤣
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:14 pm Bloody hell Deano makes some bad decisions on the wing, it’s unfortunate for him that every time he does we get scored against - a lot of the time other players seem to get away with them
Not just Iremia. Smith comes too far in and leaves him a huge space to cover. And often that's because Hughes and Fus are even further in. That whole right side just doesn't slide as well as the left, and it's highlighting Dean's youth and inexperience.

Having said that, Dean was fortunate not to have been hooked for some of his efforts last night.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:52 pm Pause at 3 minutes 51 seconds, first try, who gets the ball? Looking at the position of our defenders, Kafusi comes across late to pressure Wighton, Hughes should therefore slide across to get Young, Reimis slides for Croker and Dean gets the winger. BUT, Kafusi gets there late (by what happened inside), Hughes didn't (couldn't due to Kafusi getting there late) slide out and therefore overlap created. You could argue Dean made the wrong choice but he had to mark the inside man and at 3'51' who's to know who will get the ball?

46'44" second try, Reimis looking inside and left Dean high and dry, who does Dean tackle?

54'30", third try, no excuse, Dean should've caught the ball. (Or if you're gunna kick at it kick the living daylights out of it and get on your bike)
As above.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:26 pm
Scooter wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:51 pmYourhero I am assuming / hoping your name is Mike. Otherwise, someone just plagiarised your comments on The Storm Family Facebook page.
It is mate

All good, I plagiarised myself and just copy/pasted here given a similar conversation was unfolding.

But in my own mind, I make such amazing poignant points that people would steal it anyway :lol:
:-D
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:51 pmYourhero I am assuming / hoping your name is Mike. Otherwise, someone just plagiarised your comments on The Storm Family Facebook page.
It is mate

All good, I plagiarised myself and just copy/pasted here given a similar conversation was unfolding.

But in my own mind, I make such amazing poignant points that people would steal it anyway :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is mate

Are people taking heed or are they still lost in their own (mis)understandings of the nuances of Rugby League?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Glad to have the win despite not being one of our better games this year.

On that point though, did anyone catch Gus's passing comment towards the end of the game about the storm looking tired/sluggish? He mentioned that we're likely in a high intensity training phase ahead of the finals.

It's something that is used by other teams and in other sports and while at the moment a few of the boys look like they're dragging ass, the last couple of weeks of the season would see a scaled back training regimen and a rest phase which results in a bounce back of fitness and energy.

Cam Munster and a few others are looking a little leaner now that I think about it.

Craig has alot of experience at timing a finals run now and I doubt he's flogging the side into the ground just to get the most consecutive wins record without thought about making sure everyone is fit and firing in time for the finals.
There's definitely been a conservative approach towards injury returns of late (though that's also probably because we've had the luxury of talented depth players), so I'm excited to see what the side can do when the real competition starts in a few weeks
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Funnily enough from the players twitter photos they are all at Noosa Beach today so part of the intense training is surfboard riding and ocean swimming
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:43 am Funnily enough from the players twitter photos they are all at Noosa Beach today so part of the intense training is surfboard riding and ocean swimming
Not sure if sarcasm? But having personally engaged in ocean training, that stuff despite the "fun" look is hard as hell.