RD 21 Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look how often Tom Turbo runs in front of Olam every time they pass to Harper. It’s sneaky and a classic Des tactic.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously for us, our tactic is to turn our centres in as Tom heads towards them. Put the extra man on him. Make him pass and back our cover defence to get there.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How bout Hynes not even attempting to stop that try.
til0011
Squall
Squall

I know dean got a hat trick but his defence is awful, 2 tries concede in the exact same way. Over committing to the centre and leaving Garrick to score. Seriously he’s done it so many times.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jesse Bromwich made some dreadful errors.

Loved what I saw from the guys after Manly scored their second try. Plenty of enthusiasm.

Grant brilliant. Hughes excellent. Finucane colossal.

Not sure about the selection of that bench tonight. Probably a bit light to take on that Manly pack.

But I’ll take that win without Kamikamikamica and Asofa-Solomona any day.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

That's why you always take the opposition left side winger for anytime try scorer. Seriously it's free money
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

til0011 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:57 pm I know dean got a hat trick but his defence is awful, 2 tries concede in the exact same way. Over committing to the centre and leaving Garrick to score. Seriously he’s done it so many times.
This has been very disappointing and it comes down to communication between the inside men, particularly the centre, and the winger. (Something like, "I've got such and such, stay out") Each time our cover was there and all Dean needed to do was to stay out. Having said that he did get DCE? and shut the play down once in the second half.

AND

Is it at all possible for Jesse to take every carry with the same effort and purpose he showed when he thought he was going to score? (And dropped the ball) Hmmm
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Finucane does and Welch can but do we have any other forwards who can make thumping hit ups?

Was very hard to see why we got so many six agains but when we get so many early I dread it if we're not heaps in front as the inevitable even up always occurs. (And it occured very very late tonight)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:32 pm Finucane does and Welch can but do we have any other forwards who can make thumping hit ups?
We've got a couple of additional handy forwards still to come back (NAS, Tui, Felise, Pene), so we did OK against a decent Manly pack all things considered.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think we gave them way too much respect with those early penalty shots. Manly should walk away with some hope. We weren’t “bad” we just missed a bit of ruthlessness.

Harry good and Paps was fine but the bench really missed Nelson and Tui.

The lack of effort from Hynes on one of their tries should see him crucified during the week. Can’t have that in our team. Just really poor by him.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great win by the guys tonight. Loved it how Munny appeared to be injured and I was like oh no, then he scored that try and I was like phew!! I think they may have received an old fashioned spray from Bellyache at 1/2 time.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:38 pm How bout Hynes not even attempting to stop that try.
Yep… a mate messaged me and said Nicho should be hooked for that poor effort alone..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Was a gutsy win. Honestly I think manly did really well to hang in there and keep coming at us considering we were on the right side of penalties and six agains the whole night which helped.

I think if you change that the other way around they probably win that.

In saying that we did have 3 key forwards missing so was a good effort up against a good manly pack.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 pm Look how often Tom Turbo runs in front of Olam every time they pass to Harper. It’s sneaky and a classic Des tactic.
I can't understand how it isn't penalised. On several occasions, there was a guy standing behind our markers so they couldn't move out easily and apply pressure too. Plus the classic rubbish on the head every time Jake Trbojevic tackles that never gets called because the media love him.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our defence on the right side looks extremely sub standard. all the tries come there and it has been the same for the whole season.

They need to sure it up.