Preliminary Final - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brilliant performance by the boys. Have to agree with Klein - Penalties conceded Storm 6 Raiders 1, Set restarts conceded Storm 2 Raiders 1.

I read a comment somewhere earlier in the week (could have been in this thread) that the Raiders lie in the play ball as much if not more than other teams but somehow magically fail to get penalised, which I would agree with, especially after tonight.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yet another grand final for our wonderful team. Fantastic.

Handy that we get an extra day to prepare for the grand final.

Hopefully we got through ok. Cheese and NAS both went off early , but hopefully will be alright .

Brilliant that Dale played , got through and scored !

The report of Brenko was a joke. He will be fine.

The situation with Klein continues to be a truly pathetic situation. We got neither a penalty or a six-again after the 14th minute, whilst Canberra had 6 penalties and a six-again after that point. Outrageous .
We really have to hope he does not get the grand final - I fear him more than Cleary or Cody Walker.

Anyway, let us hope tomorrow night is a very bruising game , with extra time .

Well done the Storm !
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely the club will be raising issues with Klein with the NRL this week...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 pm Surely the club will be raising issues with Klein with the NRL this week...
And the NRL's response will be to appoint Klein again next week.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Bloody epic performance 1-17. And Bellyache saved some lovely tactical plays for this game too.

Electric left edge, barnstorming middle and Suli just absolutely on it - had Valeme on toast. Defence was mighty too - big effort to go in 24-6 at the break...

Cam Smith 1/2 lap of honour was very special and it was great to be there to see him (I suspect) and definitely JAC and Suli in Storm colours one last time in the flesh...

What a team and club. GF 2020 here we come...

Open the bloody border Anastacia!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a win!!!

Another Grand Final!

How do we get into NSW? Swim across the Murray at night?

Anyway, we were scintillating first 25 minutes, where's Gus Gould saying we don't have another gear for finals???

But most impressive was our defence, they put us under last 15 and through periods of the second half and to only concede two tries in the "six again" era was phenomenal. Especially our right edge of Brenko and Suli in the first half!

Very impressed with Brenko and Hughesy who weren't great agianst Parra, really stepped up tonight!

Regarding Klein, I mean, there were definitely some inconsistencies (Tino crushed being not penalised, Brenko on report (WHAT A LOL THAT WAS)), but overall I thought he had a decent game. The JAC no-try was on the bunker, and well done to the touchy seeing Klokstad's? foot touch the line in-goal, stuff like that often gets missed.

Anyway FIRE UP!!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still waiting to see the news on the two crusher tackles on Tino, the hip drop on JAC and Bateman throwing a punch at Olam. All would be all over the click bait websites if the Storm did them.

Assume James Hooper has been up all night writing an article on the Raiders needing to get rid of grubby tactics or they'll never win a title?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably writing about how Cam Smith was behind the grassy knoll, Munster invented Covid in a 5G lab, Papenhuyzen faked the moon landing, Hughes is an illegal immigrant, NAS is the Loch Ness Monster and Suli shot Bambi's mother if I know my Hooper BS.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No one's been charged after last night's game.

Also, if the Panthers make it through that means the Storm's finals run will be against the only three teams to have beaten them all year.

Anyone else find that really weird?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fox sports with a "blatant forward pass that put the final nail in Canberra’s coffin" article up but nothing on the Raiders being grubs. Shocked face.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

a) wasn't forward
b) score was 24-6 at the time and
c) it's fox which just says everything
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:57 am Hughes is an illegal immigrant,
He does look a bit Mexican actually....
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:26 pm Fox sports with a "blatant forward pass that put the final nail in Canberra’s coffin" article up but nothing on the Raiders being grubs. Shocked face.
PIss off fox sports, I'm getting rid of my kayo subscription seeing the Grand FInal will be on free to air and I can't stand their commentary team, apart from maybe Mick Ennis.
Utha
Squall
Squall

All clear on the judiciary front. No charges against Brenko.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ers-clash/
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:26 pm Fox sports with a "blatant forward pass that put the final nail in Canberra’s coffin" article up but nothing on the Raiders being grubs. Shocked face.
PIss off fox sports, I'm getting rid of my kayo subscription seeing the Grand FInal will be on free to air and I can't stand their commentary team, apart from maybe Mick Ennis.
Ennis is terrible. Whinges more now than when he played if that's possible.