Round 20 - Dragons vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, that is definitely his best starting position at the moment. But seemingly he is deadset on the hooking role to the point he will leave if he doesn't get it. No negotiation on other roles. In his own words, if Cam is there next year, he won't be.

I would hazard a guess that 1. He just wants to play in that position, and 2. The 9 attracts a much higher contract value than ball playing lock.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do think money is the sticky point no doubt. A team is going to give him a huge contract to be their 9.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's what I don't get about the entire Smith, Smith, Grant debate being had by Storm fans. There seems to be this underlaying assumption that if Cam moves on, we will magically keep both Grant and Smith #2. In reality, we are still going to lose whoever doesn't win the starting 9 gig and we may end up losing that player as well, when another club throws overs at him in 2021.

Best bet, re-sign the GOAT for two more years :lol: Get on board everyone.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we can't convince BSmith he's better off staying here and being a modern version of Hinchy then I'd be inclined to wish him the best.

Gotta be able to keep Grant long term regardless of what the captain does.