Round 18 - Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pole wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:59 am
RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pmWhen Suli goes next year, put Hynes on his wing. Good size, good defender, good pace, smart footballer.
Hynes' defense was very poor today, particularly once he was moved to the centres - the Cowboys' runners looked to be targeting him at every opportunity and simply ran over or through him on multiple occasions. It was not one of his better performances.
Agree, and also agree with Suli as our worst today, hopefully just needed to blow out the cobwebs. That right side of ours was poor today and continually targeted, with 3 tries coming from there I think. What's the Story with Brenko? I thought he was playing alright?

[/quote]

Not sure if Brenko was injured or hooked, be interested to know. (He did look slow, more like a second rower playing on the wing)
57 min he either needed to fully commit to helping Hughes tackle Clifford or fully trust Hughes ability to tackle Clifford (which Hughes didn't), this created the opening.
61 min no try down the same edge where Suli fortunately pushed the Cows winger in to touch, 4 on three from the scrum and very hard for Kaufusi to get across and cover the extra man but having said that Lee shouldn't have allowed Holmes to get outside him.
69 min, after Lee replaced by Hynes, Tui got sucked in on Gavin Cooper, another 4 on 3 and easy to see why Holmes got to Nicho's outside with both Masters and Holmes to tackle, rest of team didn't get across to help. Slick play from Drinkwater.

I'm always less critical of the outside backs (UNLESS THEY RUSH IN AND MISS THEIR INTENDED TARGET) and look more at what the rest of the team are doing.
Will be very interesting this week with Benji's ability to throw the long beautiful cut out passes and to see if their winger is there to catch them! Our wingers, Suli especially, will need to be on their games.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasn't Brenko with a trainer at some stage? Could be confusing that with another game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:24 am Not sure if Brenko was injured or hooked, be interested to know. (He did look slow, more like a second rower playing on the wing)
I agree Lee looked slow at times in defence (almost like when Eisenhuth has been forced to play out there), so I was assuming something wasn't quite right with him. I know stats don't tell the full story, but it's interesting that NRL Stats lists him with 16 tackles, 0 missed tackles, compared to Hynes with 5 tackles, 3 missed tackles.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, not that I put too much weight on the opinions/analysis of Fox Sports writers, but this was their take apparently...
Brenko Lee was taken off when playing in the centres against the Cowboys with Nicho Hynes going to centre, after some ordinary defence on that side against the Cowboys.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:38 am Wasn't Brenko with a trainer at some stage? Could be confusing that with another game.
Blazza18 I even posted in here at the time another injury Brenko Lee limping off (with a trainer) because that is what the vision showed. The next minute he was in the middle of the action so deleted my post.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Will be interesting when the team is named later thsi afternoon, if Brenko of named.