Round 18 - Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Based on Craig’s press conference, Brandon a big chance to play next week, and maybe giving Tino ( the only one who has played every game ) a rest.

So maybe :

Welch for Schonig
Leutele for Lee
Paps for Jacks ( Hynes to the bench )
Brandon for Tino

I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that Ricky would need to play 80. Ideally you want all your backs doing that; but for next week , with Tom E on the bench, they could look to give Ricky a breather at some stage if required . He’d need to be able to play the full 80 by finals time though, I’d reckon.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pmWhen Suli goes next year, put Hynes on his wing. Good size, good defender, good pace, smart footballer.
Hynes' defense was very poor today, particularly once he was moved to the centres - the Cowboys' runners looked to be targeting him at every opportunity and simply ran over or through him on multiple occasions. It was not one of his better performances.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pmWhen Suli goes next year, put Hynes on his wing. Good size, good defender, good pace, smart footballer.
Hynes' defense was very poor today, particularly once he was moved to the centres - the Cowboys' runners looked to be targeting him at every opportunity and simply ran over or through him on multiple occasions. It was not one of his better performances.
Agree, and also agree with Suli as our worst today, hopefully just needed to blow out the cobwebs. That right side of ours was poor today and continually targeted, with 3 tries coming from there I think. What's the Story with Brenko? I thought he was playing alright?

Whie other contenders put other top-8 teams to the sword this week, we look very ordinary against a team playing for nothing. Worrying signs before finals....

On a positive note, did everyone see those photos circulating for former Storm players in attendance at the game on Sunday?

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great photo. Can get three. Anyone tell me the others?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty hard to ask Hynes to step in 3/4 through a game and ask him to defend well in the toughest defensive positon on the field. Even harder when you've got the idiot outside of him.
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Not overly happy with that. We are at the point in the season where we need to be firing all over the park going into finals.
But not too concerned either, we have some key players to come in and aside from yesterday our defence has been water tight this season... might have been a timely kick up the backside.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 am Great photo. Can get three. Anyone tell me the others?
Not in this pic, but I saw another one with Ben Cross, Mooks, Tony Martin and Paul Bell.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 am Great photo. Can get three. Anyone tell me the others?
I think Steve Kearney was there too, maybe one or two more?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

My biggest concern is we will have to face Easts now Week 1.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pole wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 am My biggest concern is we will have to face Easts now Week 1.
Honestly, I think the Storm will beat them. They’re a good side no doubt but if the full strength forward pack is out there they’ll take the Roosters down.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters are just on a different level imo. Will take a perfect game from the two Cam's to beat them. We did almost everything right in last years prelim and they got by us because Tupou found a way to get the ball down from above his head against multiple defenders, and Olam literally having his foot slip at the worst moment to help create a linebreak. Their ability to create points when the need it is pretty incredible. Something we've struggled with against the top teams for awhile now.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So it turns out McGuire said to the ref: "F... me, C..."

What a dumb thing to do/say.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the problem with that was as much the way he said it too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponessi said on SEN on Friday that it was OLD boys weekend there was gonna be about 10 or 11 old boys at the game on the hill ...they spent the morning at Twin waters “playing” golf and the afternoon at the game

I’ve counted about 10 I know And saw on insta another 3 were at twin waters so assume they were there too
Scott Hill
Marcus Bai
Matt Geyer
Ben Cross
Steve Kearney
Tony Martin
Paul Bell
Steve Bell
Jaiman Lowe
Sam Joe
Scott Anderson
Matt Cross
Lagi Setu

It was organised by Matt Geyer and Scott Hill ...Scott said on insta that storm wanted to do something for old boys day but couldn’t do anything offical cause of the bubble

Dave donaghty was with them ...not sure why he isn’t in the bubble i guess he has to be working doing outside work
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 am Roosters are just on a different level imo. Will take a perfect game from the two Cam's to beat them. We did almost everything right in last years prelim and they got by us because Tupou found a way to get the ball down from above his head against multiple defenders, and Olam literally having his foot slip at the worst moment to help create a linebreak. Their ability to create points when the need it is pretty incredible. Something we've struggled with against the top teams for awhile now.
Hughes is much improved as a halfback since that Prelim. Same with Paps too - Reckon we are in a better position to get the job done this time

Big fan of playing them first week of the finals