Round 18 - Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:56 pm
Pole wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:47 pm Probably isn't ready yet, remember SBW got back to Australia a good 2-3 weeks ahead of him. What's more our centres in Lee and Olam are doing a pretty good job at the moment too.
Agree, plus SBW is just playing 20 mins in the middle, to keep it simple for him.Hit ups , tackles. Ricky has to play 80, and get in sync with his Half, Second Rower and Winger- that would need a fair bit of training.

Having said that, I think he might get a game next week- we need to see what he’s got.
Why does he have to play 80?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd guess because it's disruptive to change outside backs
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lumelume and Vete drop out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see big Tui back. Tui was our best forward in rounds 1 and 2 before the COVID-19 shutdown.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see Maguire sin binned, gets away with far too much.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bit more discipline and if passes stick we could put on 60 if that Cowboys defence doesn’t get better.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vunivalu is by far our weakest spot in the team.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both teams have been playing touch footy the last 10 minutes or so. Not much defence. Craig won't be happy with that.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bit of a weird one but definitely felt like the guys were a bit complacent.

Loved Olam's attitude in both defence and attack. Looks like Lee got hooked for issues on the right side with Hynes playing centre, Jacks playing five-eighth and Munster moving back to fullback.

At least if Lee (or Vunivalu for that matter) are deemed to be the weak link there Momirovski, Leutele and Lumelume are waiting in the wings.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You would think Leutele would have to play this week.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well, that was underwhelming
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After a mostly decent first half, we certainly didn’t go on with it... Some of that defence was ORDINARY!

Pretty sure Lee was injured, not hooked. If anyone was at risk of being hooked, surely it was Vunivalu.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I was about to say I am OK with playing bruise free rugby whilst still winning as long as we didn't cop any injuries. So hopefully nothing serious in the Lee injury.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:20 pm I was about to say I am OK with playing bruise free rugby whilst still winning as long as we didn't cop any injuries. So hopefully nothing serious in the Lee injury.
After it happened he got back up and tried to get back into the game. Not sure if he couldn’t actually continue, or Craig pulled him off as a precaution. Hopefully the latter.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm You would think Leutele would have to play this week.
Yep let’s see what he’s got. Give Lee a rest, whether or not injured.

Let’s give Suli a bit of slack this week, after a month or more out with a broken jaw. But he would want to get up to speed soon, as looked very clunky out there.

When Suli goes next year, put Hynes on his wing. Good size, good defender, good pace, smart footballer.

Welch and Paps back next week. Hopefully our ballboy is only a week or two away , likewise Dale.

Most of all, fabulous to see Tui get 31 minutes today. Welcome back, big fella !