Round 16 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Overall good performance. We dodged a bullet early with Garrick lima lima lima duck up that try, but form there we settled and dominated. Manly had hardly any field possession because our forwards were too good, we essential started with 4 props in the starting line up.

Two more injuries, very concerning feel for Seve, first game back and copps and ACL. I hope Nelson's isn't more than a couple of weeks, we need him for finals! On that, how many calf injuries have we copped?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Welch not charged. So at least we will have him next week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe it's 4 calf injuries

Finucane
Kenny
Eisenhuth
NAS
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 am Welch not charged. So at least we will have him next week.
That;s good news, I can't believe he as put on report. What was he meant to do to avoid contact in that situation?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Teleport
moffla
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Pole wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:46 am Overall good performance. We dodged a bullet early with Garrick *lima lima lima duck* up that try, but form there we settled and dominated. Manly had hardly any field possession because our forwards were too good, we essential started with 4 props in the starting line up.

Two more injuries, very concerning feel for Seve, first game back and copps and ACL. I hope Nelson's isn't more than a couple of weeks, we need him for finals! On that, how many calf injuries have we copped?
Sounds like NAS is out for maximum 3 weeks (can probably expect him back sooner)... which is some good news.

side note - Seve's injury make sit 16 ACL's for the season competition wide. Getting ridiculous!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 am Welch not charged. So at least we will have him next week.
Any repercussions for Atkins or the Bunker official that deemed it a reportable offence? Silly question, I will see myself out ::)
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Three weeks for NAS isn't so bad, we've all but guaranteed a top 4 spot, so its all about making sure we have our best team on the park come finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I especially loved the effort in support play from this game this week... Paps, Olam and JAC all pushing up at every opportunity to turn half chances into tries.

Paps' ball playing was excellent. 4 Line Break Assists & 4 Try Assists. He has had a tendency virtually all year to take the run (I don't blame him, and surely he gets that advice from Slater/Bellamy), but this week when he ball played, it was very good to watch and made us very dangerous - especially on the left edge.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 amTeleport
LOL ! Classic comment - well done !
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:22 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 amTeleport
LOL ! Classic comment - well done !
LOL, we need a "LIKE" function on this forum.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -lumelume/

Isaac Lumelume becomes our sixth debutant in 2020
melbournestorm.com.au
Mon 31 Aug 2020

The cancellation of the Intrust Super Cup season was no doubt disheartening news for feeder club players pushing for first grade selection.

Given the depth of our squad, few could have predicted we'd have six debutants (so far) this year, but for all its downsides, 2020 has afforded plenty of opportunity to our young players.

22-year-old Isaac Lumelume was the latest to get his first taste of senior footy, and although he's a man of few words when faced with a video camera, his beaming smile told the story.

"It was a tough game and more intense than I expected," he told Inside Storm.

"I knew once I had my first run I'd be sweet, I was less nervous after that."

Before Sunday afternoon, Isaac hadn't played any footy at all this year, save for a couple of scrimmages.

"I wasn't expecting (to get the call up)," he said.

"Craig pulled me aside before training and said 'you'll be debuting this week,' it was unreal.

"I tried to get my lungs ready during the week.

"My partner was here to watch but the kids couldn't be here, but that's all good.
Lumelume wrote:I'd love to keep playing first grade. Whatever position Craig puts me in, I'll do the job."
Teammate Justin Olam was singing his praises in the sheds after the game.

"He is very comfortable out there, his carries were very strong. He looks like he belongs in the (first grade) side," Olam said.

"He has been working really hard, so full credit to him.

"He didn't give up even with the Q cup cancelled, I'm very proud of him.

"He worked hard for that spot, so hopefully he can play more NRL games."