Robbie Ross Interview

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/16/leg ... bbie-ross/

Interesting to see that he helped us sign Hill, Carlaw, Marquet and Swain!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:07 pm https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/16/leg ... bbie-ross/

Interesting to see that he helped us sign Hill, Carlaw, Marquet and Swain!
Thanks Mattpoet. The name I have selected for this forum tells you what I think about this great player.

Back in the early days my ( then ) young kids had their Storm jumpers with those fabulous yellow collars. One of them had number 1 in honour of Robbie. At the meet-the-player functions he was fantastic with the kids ( as were all the players ). We still have that jumper signed by Robbie.

Clearly he has been overtaken by Billy as our best ever fullback, but his role in our early success is pivotal.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When we picked the original team of the decade, it would have been a very hard choice between him and Billy, that's for sure.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great read, especially liked the stuff about the mid 90s Super League / Storm early days.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You could add Kimmorley to that list. Brett was interviewed on NSW ABC Grandstand last week and said the reason he came to Melbourne was because Robbie Ross and the other mentioned players were all going there. If I remember it correctly Brett was a much later signing as he had an obligation to another (super league?) team.
Shame the ABC don't upload the interview as it was great.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great article.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:21 pm You could add Kimmorley to that list. Brett was interviewed on NSW ABC Grandstand last week and said the reason he came to Melbourne was because Robbie Ross and the other mentioned players were all going there. If I remember it correctly Brett was a much later signing as he had an obligation to another (super league?) team.
Shame the ABC don't upload the interview as it was great.
I'd love to see that interview if anyone can find it.