Sad Rumour

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The NRL are planning to make or force Storm and the Warriors to stay in Their bubble post season and relocate to QLD for at least the pre season before working out what to do with the clubs next year

Apparently the players and clubs have been told this and are waiting for the end of season to work out what to do

Honestly if this happens I will just cry ...I wish the nrl and club would just come out and tell us the truth or at least keep the members in the loop sigh

Duck 8 hate covid
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This might sound very selfish but if this comes to pass surely the NRL need to step in and support the clubs fans to some degree. To pay $500 + membership fees per year (and there will be people who spend significantly more) for no return other than being a member is a bit rich.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

They can't keep Storm and Warriors in the bubble for that length of time after the season. SBW and other players have come to Australia and spent 14 days in isolation and then played. They might have to re locate and play in another state for 2021, but surely they would only have to do this a month out from the season starting.

Also, I emailed the NRL earlier this year about my 2020 Storm membership, asking to clarify information about paying for a membership and not receiving anything in return. They replied it had nothing to do with them contact the club. So I can't see the NRL doing anything for Storm fans.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am They can't keep Storm and Warriors in the bubble for that length of time after the season. SBW and other players have come to Australia and spent 14 days in isolation and then played. They might have to re locate and play in another state for 2021, but surely they would only have to do this a month out from the season starting.

Also, I emailed the NRL earlier this year about my 2020 Storm membership, asking to clarify information about paying for a membership and not receiving anything in return. They replied it had nothing to do with them contact the club. So I can't see the NRL doing anything for Storm fans.
You should have said you were a Roosters fan. They would have sent you a cheque.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brown paper bag and an expense form so you could claim it at tax time.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:58 am Brown paper bag and an expense form so you could claim it at tax time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Geez, I hope this is wrong. Surely they'll go home after the season. I mean, we're talking about March 2021, I would imagine things would be a lot better by then. I guess its a wait and see game.