Round 15 - Eels v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Challenging was definitely the right call. Just sucks that the judiciary are off their heads (to borrow a legendary RL quote).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -increase/

Increased penalties, including mandatory suspensions for crusher tackles from now on.

I reckon almost all of these are accidental/careless, some falling into a wreckless type category. The ball carriers turn after impact and back their way up field making crusher tackles likely.

The boys will have to be exceedingly careful as we get close to finals. Any split second accident and they will spend time on the sidelines.

---

And with Jesse being suspended for his generic tackle in the Roosters game, maybe they should just outlaw all tackle types just to be safe. /sarcasm
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just clerifying - the new crusher tackle penalties will attract 200 base penalty points as a minimum for any charge. 100 base penalty points = 1 game suspension. So even with an early guilty plea, you will miss at least one game and have carry over points.

Grade 2 = 350 points
Grade 3 = 500 points
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny Bromwich confirmed as captain this week - Bellamy.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Congrats Kenny, well deserved!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's really the logical choice. I know Earl is in the leadership group too but it would place a lot of extra pressure on a guy playing his first game since pre season
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of the guys remaining I would've given it to Welchy. Or to Brandon as a little wink to how we view him in the future.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nah, Kenny was captain of everything coming through and is in the senior leadership group. Logical choice.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Welch would have also been a good candidate but it makes sense for Kenny, especially as he will likely be out there for the full 80m.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny ... logical Storm like choice.

Make Welchy VC and tell Brando he's DVC
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's entirely possible that Welch is VC. Unless they go to Earl, it would be out of Welch, Kaufusi, Papenhuyzen, B.Smith and Hughes as (along with Munster and Kamikamica), they are the emerging leaders group.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree it was right for Jesse to go to the Judiciary. As I recall, carryover points caused our captain to miss the 2008 grand final.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse and Jahrome drop out of the squad.

Cooper Johns to make debut, Storm player #204. Congratulations and good luck Cooper.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Kenny will captain tonight making him the 21st Storm captain.

Congrats to the big man!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matthew Elliott and Jamie Soward preview the game - https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -round-15/

I really enjoy Matthew Elliott's analysis. It helps that he almost always gushes over Craig and the professionalism of our club.