Round 13 - Storm vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Craig said in the press conference Smith was not at the game. They gave him the week off. He just did some light running at the captains run
Last edited by glennb on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Munster would have been captain when Jesse was off. But when Munster was off I have no idea who the captain was.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny is in the senior leadership group and Munster is in the emerging leaders group though. Senior group is C.Smith (not playing), Finucane (not playing), J.Bromwich, K.Bromwich and Earl (not playing).
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Heard the ref ask Kenny if he wanted to take the 2 when jesse was off, so I'd say he was captain.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our first two sets and I thought we were on fire and then we dropped the ball and gave away silly penalties, now it was the Dogs turn to look threatening, and then JAC picks off the intercept and it was seemingly game over. 2nd half started as if Craig had said ease up, something eventually clicked and away we went.
Yes, Suli, Suli, Suli...
Does anyone else feel like we left a few points out there?
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

3 games and alot of for and against inside the top 4.
Should only need to win another 3 games at worst to make top 4.
While the next 4 are tough and will be tougher without key players, hopefully we don't play smith and munster until they are right.
Better to be in the top 4, even if its 3rd or 4th and have all those guys fit and firing for the finals.
That probably hasn't happened the last 2 years and we seem to of gone all out for top 2 and been a bit flat in finals.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:01 pm As critical of Suli that I usually am, I can't really blame him for coming in off his wing today - he is getting absolutely no help from defenders sliding out his way so he is being left to defend about 4 or 5 players at times. At least if they're going to score he's keeping them out near the sideline.

I can't however defend his stupidity for running sideways, backwards, then losing the ball!
It's quite clear he's also just a bad decision maker when it comes to defensive reads. Suli's attack is just as frustrating this season. He's not running with any aggression and more often than not puts his teammates under pressure doing something stupid. I constantly wonder how Bellamy had put up with him as long as he has.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:57 pm Olam needs to start using his brain or he won't be there next week
As much as I love his energy, he makes some poor decisions.

But who else do we have in the centres? We are playing with Eisenhuth who is usually a forward if I'm correct?

Leutele isnt even back in the country, let along anywhere near match fit.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:38 pm Time to drop Vunivalu.
I am sick of him coming in off his wing and opening up the right side.
I honestly think this is part of his game plan, if Bellamy wanted him to stop I'm sure he would have had a stern word.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Strange game, didn't feel like a 31-point win with all the handling errors. Also we look a little disorganised at times, like Vete getting the ball on the 5th and getting caught 1-2 times on the 6th as well.

Overall good win, we have more than enough quality to cover our injuries at the moment.

A lot of teams have injuries to key players so depth will be a huge factor.

PS- I'd start Hynes at 6 next week, but according to Bellamy looks like he will go with Jacks.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Lachlan Lewis got charged for BOTH high shots and can get off with one week out and a fine. What a joke. The mere fact that he was charged for BOTH, also shows that the ref should have sent him for BOTH shots. I noticed that after the second one, every time he got the ball, he threw it wildly, at least he knew he didn't want to be hit.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The fact he did it again, after already getting sent off should be more reason to come down harder on him. What a joke.