Round 13 - Storm vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:01 pm As critical of Suli that I usually am, I can't really blame him for coming in off his wing today - he is getting absolutely no help from defenders sliding out his way so he is being left to defend about 4 or 5 players at times.
Can't agree. At least three times he's been inside Eisenhuth and Felise.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:38 pm Time to drop Vunivalu.
I am sick of him coming in off his wing and opening up the right side.
TC with Lee and Momirovski injured the next in line is Earl. Are you happy to pick Earl ahead of Vunivalu?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lets put Hynes in the spot. He could play centre/wing no problem
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With Munster injured, Bellamy could play Hynes at 6 next week. But I think he will play Jacks at 6 and Hynes will take the bench spot, as Craig usually goes conservative.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was Lachlan Lewis offside on the kick on that second Bulldogs try?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pretty meh win really which says a lot given it was by 31 points.

Have to remember that the Eels and Panthers both face tougher opposition this weekend and could move clear of them if they both lose. I think they're both good chances of getting knocked off - particularly the Panthers given they're probably due for a loss at some point.

Hughes looked great today I thought. I love how he's really trying to experiment with his kicking game.

Also, how did Lewis remain on the field? He was sin-binned once then committed another similar infringement not long after. Surely if the scoreline wasn't a blowout and his team wasn't losing he's taking an early shower?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:57 pm Was Lachlan Lewis offside on the kick on that second Bulldogs try?
I think so but they didn't send that upstairs.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 pm
TC with Lee and Momirovski injured the next in line is Earl. Are you happy to pick Earl ahead of Vunivalu?
Nicho
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:35 pm
Scooter wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 pm
Nicho
Plays at 6 next week, I hope.

Jacks can stay on the pine.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:09 pmAlso, how did Lewis remain on the field? He was sin-binned once then committed another similar infringement not long after. Surely if the scoreline wasn't a blowout and his team wasn't losing he's taking an early shower?
Bellamy’s reaction said it all. You don’t need to be a professional lip reader to understand what he said - “Sin bin that f*cking c*nt!!!” :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Part of me is disappointed that nobody knocked him into next year
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:57 pm Part of me is disappointed that nobody knocked him into next year
We can be satisfied with the fact that Lachlan Lewis is probably the worst player to consistently get a game at half back in the last 20 years. He makes Brodie Croft look like Andrew Johns. Shocking decision-maker. Can’t kick, can’t run, can’t pass and obviously can’t tackle.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was very happy with the win today. It was a danger game. We put it to bed early.

Fingers crossed re Munster, I reckon looked more serious than last time, so I wonder if it will be more like 4 weeks this time. Can’t take chances with him.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Anyone else notice it didn't look like cam smith was at the game today.
Paps and Dale in the coaches box and then saw Tui and a few others not playing on the ground after the game, but no Cam.

Just hope injury is not worse then what they are saying. Craig was pretty dismissive of the question before the game about wwhen he wou lkd b back and him not being there seems a bit odd.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would Kenny have been captain while Jesse was off today?