Round 13 - Storm vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder how hard we’re trying not to play the Roosters week one of the finals.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Too early to consider finals opponents surely
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 pm I'd rather take the L if it means we try new players to get time and experience.
I'd never prefer a loss, but I know what you mean. With no reserve grade it's important to have backup players with a bit of match fitness to slot in in case of injury or poor form.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:28 pm Wonder how hard we’re trying not to play the Roosters week one of the finals.
The Roosters are struggling a bit. I highly doubt the team the Storm beat earlier this season will be around come finals time.

Not sure how comfortable I feel about the decision to rest Finucane against that forward pack. For all the Dogs' problems over the past few weeks their forwards have actually been pretty good. It's their inability to score points with their backs which has been the main issue.

Could be wrong here - but if the Storm beat the Dogs today that means they have either a 50 per cent winning record or better against every active NRL team in the competition.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know the say Dale is being rested. I heard he has a neck injury that has required injections the last two weeks, so he could play. So a week off is probably a good thing
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That and a 5 day turnaround to the Roosters game
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:58 am

Not sure how comfortable I feel about the decision to rest Finucane against that forward pack. For all the Dogs' problems over the past few weeks their forwards have actually been pretty good. It's their inability to score points with their backs which has been the main issue.
Agree, although to be fair we have good depth in forwards.

With our outs this week I'll take any win.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Darryn Schonig and Sandor Earl drop out of the squad.

Tino will start at lock and Chris Lewis is on the bench.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It has taken Brandy less than 4 minutes to call Papenhuyzen, who isn't even playing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's nothing against Paps but you can see where Hynes ball playing experience helped set up that Olam try. Paps would've put his head down and run more towards the sideline. Hynes just held the ball up to draw in another defender.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How great is Welch? Runs hard but now he's evolved even more to a ball-playing forward at the line. He's opened them up a few times flipping wide passes on the left side.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Time to drop Vunivalu.
I am sick of him coming in off his wing and opening up the right side.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith and Munster gotta do better than whatever that was to end the half.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam needs to start using his brain or he won't be there next week
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As critical of Suli that I usually am, I can't really blame him for coming in off his wing today - he is getting absolutely no help from defenders sliding out his way so he is being left to defend about 4 or 5 players at times. At least if they're going to score he's keeping them out near the sideline.

I can't however defend his stupidity for running sideways, backwards, then losing the ball!

This ref though, and that touchie who raised his flag when we didn't even go out, geez they're doing my head in!
:cussing: