SBW to Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great to see the battlers from Bondi have room in their salary cap to add Sonny Bill.

Seriously, they make a mockery of the competition, all with the approval of that Sydney racing bloke who apparently ( accordingly to the wonderfully unbiased members of the Sydney media ) is the the smartest bloke in any room he enters.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Plus the NRL saying they'll do anything to help them get him. What a joke!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is beyond a joke at this point.

The NRL helping a club land a high profile player ahead of other clubs who have expressed interest... and determining his “value” at $150K. LOL.

The amateur NRL at it again.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Amateur implies an accidental cock up. This is calculated. It's more like tampering in my opinion.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He should not be allowed in the country because he has a New Zealand passport. The NRL ask for and got an clearance form the Australian Government. The grounds for the request was his wife and children have an Australian passport A couple of months ago my sister with an Australian passport and her husband with a New Zealand passport where not allowed to entry the country from New Zealand. She could come, but he could not. Tampering is one word for it, I could think of a few others.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This tish makes me sick to the back teeth, I'm much happier not knowing. The Rooters have by far and away overtaken any dislike I have had for any other clubs. Why are others not up in arms, or are they? Surely the Tits or Cows need a leg up - but not the Broncs. How about the Warriors, if he's a Kiwi...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

SBW is set to arrive in Australia on Thursday. After 14 days quarantine, he is out Thursday 13/08/2020. That is the day we play the roosters, surely he does not get out of quarantine and pulls on a jersey.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm SBW is set to arrive in Australia on Thursday. After 14 days quarantine, he is out Thursday 13/08/2020. That is the day we play the roosters, surely he does not get out of quarantine and pulls on a jersey.
Wanna bet?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm SBW is set to arrive in Australia on Thursday. After 14 days quarantine, he is out Thursday 13/08/2020. That is the day we play the roosters, surely he does not get out of quarantine and pulls on a jersey.
Can he "do" quarantine with his new team mates?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 pm
Can he "do" quarantine with his new team mates?
No, he can’t. It would entirely defeat the whole purpose of the bubble. He will have to do what Brandon Smith did when he came back to AUS from NZ.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You would have to think SBW is very, very unlikely to play us. Even the following week would be a huge stretch IMO.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The new and wonderful CEO of the NRL has now changed the rules and allowed SBW in play with two contracts. Previously NRL players could not be on two contracts at one time, ie super league and Super League, but now the can. The Roosters CEO is good or should he be called god.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or should V'landys be now considered as more biased than Gallop?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This makes me hate the RORTers even more.... how in the world do you fit SBW under your cap, I get there is no Cronk anymore but cmon!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 amThis makes me hate the RORTers even more.... how in the world do you fit SBW under your cap, I get there is no Cronk anymore but cmon!
Still room in the cap from when Freddy retired. Just ask them.