Round 11 - Broncos vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have joined your team yourhero. NAS is best starting on the bench. He must wear number 15 from now on.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I tell you what, I am SERIOUSLY impressed with Brenko Lee. It's like he does his job as a Center. Catch ball, make meters, draw defenders, pass to winger... What more do you need from him, very pleased with his addition to the team.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli must have actually been hurt cause he would’ve created two scoring chances with those breaks down the sideline otherwise.

Typical inconsistent performance. Tries off an error and a defensive breakdown. Very us.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, how long is Lee signed for? I hope it's a couple of years. Don't want to just play up his price then lose him when he's going well.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wasn't too concerned about the Broncos' enthusiasm early in the game as I figured it would fizzle out and we'd run over the top of them, but our errors and the weather/conditions have evened up the game massively.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly I recon half the team bought into media hype and were expecting to win by 300 points.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good was Jahrome's try?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seeing Kenny play along side Munster makes it clear that the criticism or questions around Kenny's form is largely due to Munsters absence and the lack of continuity at the 5/8 position. An improvement by him tonight that's for sure and alot is due to Munster.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 pm Seeing Kenny play along side Munster makes it clear that the criticism or questions around Kenny's form is largely due to Munsters absence and the lack of continuity at the 5/8 position. An improvement by him tonight that's for sure and alot is due to Munster.
So how does this explain Kenny’s form before Munster was hurt?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 pm
nacho wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 pm Seeing Kenny play along side Munster makes it clear that the criticism or questions around Kenny's form is largely due to Munsters absence and the lack of continuity at the 5/8 position. An improvement by him tonight that's for sure and alot is due to Munster.
So how does this explain Kenny’s form before Munster was hurt?
Start to the season, covid break, then injury hit before rythm could be established between them. Likely I'll eat my words but I am glad he's having a better game than previous weeks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sign the GOAT up for another two years. What a player...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seems like all the people paid to be right about Tino were right about Tino. His growth since the restart has been really important for us.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:56 pm Seems like all the people paid to be right about Tino were right about Tino. His growth since the restart has been really important for us.
Like all young props with the world at their feet they take some time to get going. In terms of minutes available to them but also being able to perform against older props. I remember Payne Haas got knocked out his debut game? Tino is going to be the Titans Civonaceva I'm calling it now I'll revisit this post in 10 years time.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Clearly the score line flattered us, and there will be tougher tasks ahead , but still a lot to like.

1. Jahrome Hughes continues his much-improved form since his return from injury. Great individual try; superb pass to Paps then got it back for the try of the night, and increasingly making good decisions . He is a key part of our push for the title .

2. Tino. Wow . We will miss him for sure, but if he can leave with a premiership that would be wonderful .

3. Kenny back in form.

4. Love Paps. Think about what he did, and then what their Full Back Milford did - Paps dominant .

5. Cameron Smith continues to be an extraordinary player. In 2002 when he played his first game, my kids would come with me to Olympic Park decked out in their purple, aged 11, 9 and 7. Now they are 29 ( nearly 30) , 27 and 25, and Cameron is STILL playing brilliantly .

Still some issues. I read that Suli will get $800K next year from Rugby, and Marika is on $550K. I reckon the Rah-Rahs have got that wrong. Suli is just so problematic. I understand we are looking at his opponent last night, Herbie Farnworth, for next year. That would be a good move.

Some important tests to come.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately