Brandon "Hectic Cheese" Smith Appreciation Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We all love Brandon and what he brings to our club. I figured he needs his own dedicated appreciation thread to discuss all things Cheese/Wombat related.

What do you love about Brandon?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Putting aside his brilliant abilities on the field for just a brief second - the thing I love most about Brandon is his passion... The bloke doesn't do things in half measures. He has what seems to be a genuine love and attachment to our club and the people within it.

Hearing Nelson in his media appearance today, he said;
Big NAS wrote:He gets quite emotional before we run out.

I think he’s just really grateful for the opportunity he’s been given. I think it hits him when he’s around the boys about to run onto the field.

He actually gets watery eyed - that’s how much it means to him to play for Storm.

It reminds me how grateful I am to be in this jersey as well.

He loves the boys so much too. After Paps kicked that field goal against the Roosters, he ran up to Paps and me and started getting watery eyed and said 'I effing love you boys.

We all love him.
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... jesse-out/
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's just fun to watch
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How far above his weight does he play!? Just a short, stocky bloke that is a little ball of muscle. He throws himself into every run, every tackle and seems to win almost every contact.

He just gets every last drop of talent out of his frame through sheer committment and bloody-mindedness.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My moment is meeting him once and finding him such a down to earth fella. He had none of the "airs and graces" you'd expect of a top flight professional footballer, a real person, I was so incredibly impressed. Oh, and his on field work ethic is second to none. I just hope he doesn't "kill himself" in the process.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reminds me of Anthony Quinn the way he just keeps twisting and thrashing when he's tackled. Know someone who used to call Quinn the combine harvester for that reason. Brandon Smith could well be the new combine harvester. Love it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Quick play the balls are a significant reason that teams win games. I think a portion of players feel like they have done their job as soon as their hitup is complete. The fight to get to their feet and get a play the ball away as quick as possible is just ‘extra effort’.

Anytime I see a player fighting hard to play the ball as quickly as possible, I see a player doing their part for the next player having a run.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Every hit up he takes is at 100%

Every tackle he makes is at 100%

His enthusiasm is infectious .

He is an international , but happy to be a role -player at club level. A true club man.

Love him .
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks-fo ... ith-hilari
Hectic Cheese wrote:I'd love to play against Sonny Bill. He's just a star. I look forward to seeing him come back. He's kind of a hero for me and if I ever get to play against him it would be a real special opportunity and I'd try to take his head off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is mental enough said
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure if this has been posted, apologies of yes. But here is a great vid of a young Brandon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2RCEKYYko
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Pole wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:39 pm Not sure if this has been posted, apologies of yes. But here is a great vid of a young Brandon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2RCEKYYko
Great article. Thanks Pole
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As yourhero has constantly said ...keeping both Brando and Harry will be virtually impossible.

There's a heap of social media chatter about Brando leaving if Cam plays on in 2021....all speculative I would assume but probably with some obvious broader substance.

I desperately hope the Club is doing everything humanly possible to find a way to have all 3 stay and play in the same team....

Yesterdays SMH even had an article with quotes from Dale saying he would be OK to play prop if it meant the Club could retain Cam, Brando and Harry in the same team somehow.

Wonderful unselfish team first stuff from Dale....just what we've always known from him.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just reported on Fox League by Yvonne Sampson;

“Brandon Smith (via his management) has advised the Melbourne Storm in writing that if Cameron Smith extends his time at the Storm, Brandon will be seeking a release”.

:cry: :cry:
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

That is just so disappointing.