Blake Green

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have just watched Blake Green put on a Masterclass for the Warriors to carry them to victory over the abysmal Broncos,. During the week he was told he was not wanted by the NZ bosses. To his immense credit , he bounced back brilliantly, showing tremendous character. Well done to the former Storm player. Tohu Harris was also immense for the NZ team, as he was for the Storm for so many games.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I wouldn't object to having him back in the Storm system. He was under-rated in our squad - I guess that's what happens when you're the fourth Musketeer to Smith, Slater and Cronk.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He actually barely got to play with Slater. Those were his two injured years and Munster was his main fullback so we didn't get to see how good he could have been with all the superstars around him even.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll take Green & Harris back!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:32 am He actually barely got to play with Slater. Those were his two injured years and Munster was his main fullback so we didn't get to see how good he could have been with all the superstars around him even.
Fair point.
I certainly think he'd fit back into the team well. The downside would be that it would be a one or two year fix at best and wouldn't develop a halfback solution long term.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Barken1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I would be quite happy to see him return.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I reckon there is a real lack of quality halves league wide, so when a good one becomes available, you absolutely have to have a look at them. 34 next year though, that's the only question mark.

Worth it for a year, I reckon. Especially if Cam hangs them up, there could be quite a leadership vacuum.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Perhaps he could mentor some of the younger guys. He has a wealth of experience to draw on from here and the UK. He also seems to have the personality to be able to take more of a developmental role. Kind of like Benji at the tigers perhaps but hopefully with more impact on the field!