Rd 7 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eisenhuth had as many runs and more metres than both our starting backrowers. He played like 10 minutes.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very happy with that score line, though it definitely flattered us.

Agree that Jahrome looked excellent tonight. He needed to step up and did so.

Momirovski has grabbed that centre position inside Suli , but suddenly Olam looks uncertain on the other side.

Tino continues to impress, with increased minutes .

Paps was superb all night, both in attack and defence.

I enjoyed the special comments of Corey Parker. Being a Queenslander he doesn’t have that anti- Storm bias of so many of them.

Big big test next week. Only 6 day break, so Munster and Welch would be very doubtful.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have players in doubt for next week's v Roosters. Roosters have had Radley and Verrills go off with knee injuries.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Munster set to miss 4 to 6 weeks.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looking ahead to to next week Trent Robinson also just said that Isaac Liu broke a rib tonight, so he must be in doubt for next week too.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest I don't think we are expecting to beat the Roosters or Raiders, I think getting game time in as many players as possible is key right now. I hope no one is rushed back. However, the Roosters game became very winnable due to the devastating dual ACLs
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 pm To be honest I don't think we are expecting to beat the Roosters or Raiders, I think getting game time in as many players as possible is key right now. I hope no one is rushed back. However, the Roosters game became very winnable due to the devastating dual ACLs
It's all played between the ears, if we don't take them lightly we should be able to get up for the Roosters.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think my ideal Munster replacement for the next month is have C.Smith in halves with Johns on the bench. Would help ease Johns into first grade and give Brandon a crack at hooker.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm Think my ideal Munster replacement for the next month is have C.Smith in halves with Johns on the bench. Would help ease Johns into first grade and give Brandon a crack at hooker.
Nicho Hynes instead of Johns, please.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:39 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm Think my ideal Munster replacement for the next month is have C.Smith in halves with Johns on the bench. Would help ease Johns into first grade and give Brandon a crack at hooker.
Nicho Hynes instead of Johns, please.
Feel like we should have him be a backup only if Paps gets injured.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dally M votes from this game:

3 - Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 - Jahrome Hughes
1 - Suliasi Vunivalu

All three were very good but I find it surprising that Cam Smith didn't get any points... MOTM was between Paps and Smith for me. Can't find who the Dally M judge was.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli getting a vote over Smith is goddamn hilarious.