Round 5 - Knight vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great half of footy. Even when we didn’t score earlier in the half, we at least looked a LOT more dangerous compared to previous weeks.

Cameron Smith, Jesus Christ... What more can you say about this bloke. Several hundred years old and still killing them.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel like it was business as usual until those couple of passes from Smith. Do look faster and less drop ball which is nice.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bradman Best is awarded a dubious try, what do people with eyes on it think? ABC commentators say no.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't see how it was if Papenhuyzen didn't score against Canberra
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We are going to get run down. We have stopped again
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How often have we had no idea how to finish a set when we’re on our right edge? Clueless footy
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Glad I was wrong
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:48 pm Bradman Best is awarded a dubious try, what do people with eyes on it think? ABC commentators say no.
He kept his left hand on the ball.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 pm Don't see how it was if Papenhuyzen didn't score against Canberra
I thought Jacks' try was more dubious than either Best's try or Papenhuyzen try v Canberra
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty incredible strength from Brandon to score that try.

Good to get the win. Still plenty to work on.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:28 pm Pretty incredible strength from Brandon to score that try.

Good to get the win. Still plenty to work on.
Unbelievable by Brandon.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We almost looked disinterested in that second half after a fairly impressive first 40 - zero line speed in defense, as well as no urgency and/or poor positional play from Paps at fullback (plus the usual Suli brain fart), really let the Knights back in that game.

Still plenty to work on, but certainly an improvement over the previous two weeks.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Excellent win in my view . Newcastle I think are a top 4 side, so I am very happy with the 2 points. I hope the boys get home safely tonight after a VERY long day.

Still troubling that we do seem still to struggle to score when camped in the opposition 20 , but obviously better tonight . 26 points will win most games,. Craig won’t he happy we let them back in the game, but we controlled the last 15 minutes and put them away .

I am very pleased to see Brandon Smith get 43 minutes, including the start and the finish - and put the icing on the cake with a typical no-frills try.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No-frills, but fun to watch. Wombat is a very appropriate nickname for someone who burrows like that.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 pm Don't see how it was if Papenhuyzen didn't score against Canberra
100% agree. In real time it looked like a try, on slo-mo I was sure both hands separated.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately