Round 4 vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We simply cannot score when in the attacking zone. It’s a joke. Play some footy FFS.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And when we do score the VR takes it away from us...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who the f*ck is the VR tonight!?? That knock on called passed back? GTFO of here.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That set was going nowhere again. Nice work from Munster to brush the tackle and find the open space with the kick.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can we clone Munster for halfback?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brenko Lee was excellent. Should retain that spot until he gives Craig a reason not to pick him.

Chris Lewis didn’t get much time but he Smithy tried to give him every second run in the final set. One outstanding run.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster MOTM. Great game from him. When we weren’t looking dangerous at all, some off the cuff footy from Munster saved us.

If the Bunnies didn’t drop the ball so often, that game could very well have gone the other way. Doesn’t fill me with great hope. Attack needs massive work.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tino also deserving of a shout out. Probably his best game in the NRL to date.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Munster so so good tonight,

Paps excellent again.

Welch back to his best with his offloads

Brenko Lee certainly did enough.

Tino looked strong, but don’t stop in the line and give the ref an excuse to call an obstruction .

The old bloke in number 9 very good , especially defensively .

But goodness me , so many errors. Jahrome Hughes made so many poor decisions . Kenny B down on form.

We need to cut out the errors . There are some strong teams out there who will punish us if we continue to make those mistakes . As Cam Munster said after the game , we were clunky - although he wasn’t !

Finally, it was wonderful to see Chris Lewis make his debut , and he made the most of his stint on the field.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, I'm not on the "replace Hughes" side of things, particularly while I don't see a better replacement, but that really was a game to forget from him - nothing seemed to work for him, passing, kicking or otherwise, and I don't remember seeing a worse performance from him.

Munster was our saviour, no doubt about it. Lee was good, as was Tino, Olam and Paps I thought.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 pm Munster so so good tonight,

Paps excellent again.

Welch back to his best with his offloads

Brenko Lee certainly did enough.

Tino looked strong, but don’t stop in the line and give the ref an excuse to call an obstruction .

The old bloke in number 9 very good , especially defensively .

But goodness me , so many errors. Jahrome Hughes made so many poor decisions . Kenny B down on form.

We need to cut out the errors . There are some strong teams out there who will punish us if we continue to make those mistakes . As Cam Munster said after the game , we were clunky - although he wasn’t !

Finally, it was wonderful to see Chris Lewis make his debut , and he made the most of his stint on the field.
Agree with all of this.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Munster outstanding in attack and defence.

Brenko Lee a pleasant surprise. Strong game.

Positive mentions for Cam, Finucane, Papi and Tino too...

Attack woeful. But don’t throw Hughes under the bus just yet. The whole structure esp in the opp 20 was dire.

Defence was solid though....

3-1 without hitting anywhere near straps is not to be sneezed at...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't get the love for Tino to be honest, I thought he made some very ordinary decisions. Not the only one who did but certainly didn't think he was outstanding.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:35 pm I don't get the love for Tino to be honest, I thought he made some very ordinary decisions. Not the only one who did but certainly didn't think he was outstanding.
Mattpoet I thought Tino was very good tonight with the exception of the two obstruction calls against him (albeit the disallowed try was a terrible decision). It was great to see him play well this week after a poor game last week. Even Craig mentioned his improvement in his press conference.

Tino's stats tonight:
26 minutes
11 hitups
133 metres
59 post contact metres
2 tackle breaks
15 tackles
1 missed tackle

Only Papenhuyzen, Olam, Finucane and Munster had more run metres than Tino. So some pretty handy stats there.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some thoughts following Craig's press conference and on next week's team.

Craig said:
- Chris Lewis was brought in to be versatile bench player (can play in middle, on edge and even some centre) like Tom Eisenhuth in first couple of rounds. Eisenhuth is currently unavailable. (Anyone know why Eisenhuth is out?)
- Played Brenko Lee to give him a game. Concerned about no matches for fringe players and said that further the season goes you will be more likely to play someone who has been playing but who is out of form than someone who hasn't played for 8 weeks. Craig said he knew Brenko could play after his time with Raiders, Titans and Bulldogs, although sometimes his effort has let him down. He played well tonight, threw a nice pass to set up break for first try and bent the line with his runs.
- Foxx has rib cartilage injury. He won't be able to do much at training but with injection should be ok for next week.
- Not sure if NAS will come straight back in (to starting 13) (although Jess Yates on Fox interpreted comment as not sure if he would come back into 17, of course he comes back into 17);
- Will be a long day next week, will fly to Sydney and then bus to Central Coast for 5:30 game and do the same after the game.

So for the team next week, I think Brenko has done enough to stay in the side. NAS comes back in and I would have ordinarily thought Lewis might drop out. Although given comment about versatility he may stay in and probably King (or Tino) drops out. If Tui is fit Lewis probably drops out. If Foxx is not fit either Seve in and Brenko to wing or Momirovski in if he is fit.