WTF was JAC thinking ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seriously, when people think they are above health directions and laws enacted to save lives...I really have to question their mental capacity.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6a1f2f46b4
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So disappointing. Selfishly putting the the Australian community and the ability for the NRL to start up again at risk.

And then hiding behind his ‘culture’? Which part of his culture is riding dirt bikes and shooting?

Unbelievably poor form and sh*t excuse. Hopefully sees a hefty punishment, as much as that may hurt the Storm.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just hoping we don't lose points for his stupidity
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He presumably was thinking the laws that apply to you and me don’t apply to him.,

WRONG , Fox.

If this season is going to restart and keep going, it is dependant on all players being totally disciplined in how they comply with the lockdown rules that will be put in place for them. Maybe 95 per cent will do that, but as we can see, the idiots will mess it up and ruin it for everyone else.

The AFL and NRL plead for a relaxation of the laws to allow their competitions to restart , ostensibly to give some joy to the community, but in fact just so they can save their financial kingdoms.

Frankly it is more important that the under 12s be allowed to play their community sport than having idiots like JAC and Mitchell playing. They deserve a hefty suspension at the very least.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The last 6 weeks he hasn’t been self isolating ..I wouldn’t be annoyed if they suspended him
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From the Daily Telegraph...

—-

Josh Addo-Carr was warned twice before controversial camping trip

The camping trip that has put the NRL’s comeback plans on the brink wasn’t Josh Addo-Carr’s first warning over social distancing restrictions. And the Melbourne Storm star’s problems could get even more serious.

Josh Addo-Carr was warned twice in 11 days for violating COVID-19 restrictions before he was caught for a third time on a weekend camping trip that has thrown the NRL into crisis.

The Melbourne Storm winger, South Sydney superstar Latrell Mitchell and Newcastle Knights player Tyronne Roberts-Davis have each been fined $1000 by police for breaching social distancing protocols in photos Addo-Carr released on social media, which were then published in The Daily Telegraph.

But the monetary penalties and public embarrassment of breaching the lockdown laws may not be the only problems for Addo-Carr and Mitchell, who are also being investigated for possible criminal charges relating to firearms.

The pair, along with Roberts-Davis, were caught on the hunting and camping trip on the mid-north coast at Mitchell’s property at Caffreys Flat, near Taree in photographs and videos with nine other friends and relatives.

They also travelled nearly 200km from Caffreys Flat to a remote beach between Hat Head and South West Rocks to go trail bike riding.

Police spoke to the three men on Monday before issuing them with the $1000 infringements.

But the breach was not the first time police had spoken to Addo-Carr for failing to adhere to the lockdown laws.

With the country being urged to stay at home, Addo-Carr was given formal warnings by police on April 3 and April 14 – both at Glebe after being found sitting in a car without good reason. He was also warned on April 16 for driving an unregistered car at Forest Lodge.

Detectives are also investigating Addo-Carr for allegedly firing a shotgun owned by Mitchell despite not holding a firearms licence – a charge which carries a maximum of five years in jail.

And Mitchell, who is the registered owner of several weapons, is being investigated under section 39 of the NSW Firearms Act (1996) for allegedly not taking precautions that the shotgun did not come into the possession of a person not authorised to possess it.

That charge has a maximum penalty of fines of thousands of dollars or two years in jail.

Police will also investigate whether any of the men committed traffic offences for riding unregistered trail bikes on the beach without licenses.

While police spent the day investigating the players, a furious NRL boss Peter V’landys worked alongside the integrity unit to determine what penalties head office should hand out.

The Daily Telegraph understands all three players are facing suspensions of up to a month, or possibly two weeks combined with heavy fines.

“The players will be afforded due process and natural justice,” V’landys said. “However this is a serious matter.”

He refused to comment when asked if the players would be suspended.

Earlier the NRL issued a statement to say their behaviour was ‘unacceptable.’

The incident has created doubts about the ability of NRL players to adhere to the strict protocols the NRL is putting in place for a training resumption next week and a return to playing on May 28.

It makes V’landy’s job far more difficult in upcoming negotiations with health officials and government ministers about hopes for a May 28 return.

At least the Addo-Carr and Mitchell apologised via their social media accounts afternoon as the seriousness of their actions came to light.

After originally denying any wrongdoing in an interview with The Daily Telegraph, Addo-Carr said: “I’m really sorry from the bottom of my heart.

“Nothing was intentional or deliberate. A couple of family members of mine were going through a really tough time at the moment.

“I got into touch with Latrell to try to go out to his private property to try to connect to our culture again. Try and put a smile on their faces and have a bit of fun as well.”

He made no mention of his previous issues with police re COVID-19 protocols.

Mitchell also used his Instagram account to say sorry.

“It was a little bit of a slip up,” he said. “Foxy reached out, had his cousins going through a bit of stuff in Sydney and wanted to get away up to the bush and making sure they’re getting culturally connected again.

“That’s what the concept of the weekend was. He wasn’t here to break any rules or hurt anyone.

“We’re not being selfish. I couldn’t turn the brothers down in a time of need. Just wanted to let youse know on behalf of me and Foxy and all my mob we do apologise.”
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some of us may remember the worries and concerns we had over JAC joining us from the tigers. The rookie that had a poor attitude. Id say that those people right now were correct.

He is so disconnected from the Storm playing group and that's been the case since before we knew he wanted to leave. He has spent every waking moment in NSW and it is no surprise he has adopted this rapper superstar wannabe mentality and judging by his designer brand wearing entourage it's going to stay that way. The flashy cars from dealerships sponsoring him (range rover), the big fake teeth, the tatts, and now parading on social media firing shot guns and hooning on a beach riding dirt bikes with no helmet.

Throw the book at him. I'd respect the club way more and probably renew my 20 year membership which I was going to let lapse.

And that cultural bullshit is a cop out. I guess we all let our "mob" down by not attending Anzac or Catholic/orthodox Easter ceremonies.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Very, very disappointing.

Don't care if he's suspended for the rest of (whatever is left of) the season, and hence never plays for Storm again.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I won’t be surprised or annoyed when storm or the nrl suspend him 3 times warned he can have what he wants give it too him ...a ticket back to sydney
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

$20,000 fine. That’s it... Exceptionally weak punishment IMO.

* Additional $30,000 fine and 1 game suspension in the background ready to be applied if he messes up a fourth time this year.

The NRL has taken to loving these suspended sentences in recent seasons. It’s a crock of sh*t. It’s nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a stern finger wag with a “now don’t do that again” lecture.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was totally amazed by Josh Addo Carr's progression after joining Storm. Seemed to become more humble, dedicated, committed, wiser and certainly more mature.

This is really a shocking degeneration of himself.

TBH the Club should just ship him out.....he can start the slow spiraled descent of ruining his career and turning into a lima lima lima duck dumbarse somewhere else other than at Melbourne Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

“Nothing was intentional or deliberate. A couple of family members of mine were going through a really tough time at the moment.

“I got into touch with Latrell to try to go out to his private property to try to connect to our culture again. Try and put a smile on their faces and have a bit of fun as well.”
I made a conscious choice to break the law and put my family at risk, never mind my workmates, the general population and my employer's business at risk. But I didn't mean it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was concerned when he seemed close to Mitchell during origin 2018, thought he was falling in with the d---head crowd. Just proven that instinct right.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Police have charged JAC and Latrell with firearms offences
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree with a lot of the opinions you guys have. I don't know who to blame between the two but it feels like the more JAC and Latrell hung out with each other the less likeable JAC got. Still enjoyed his footy but can't say I'm too fussed about him leaving the club anymore.