WTF was JAC thinking ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 am Can we cut him loose now? Most disliked player we have ever had.
Your forgetting George Rose and Matt Lodge

Lima Lima duck Matt Lodge

And

Lima Lima duck ungrateful George Rose
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And we cut them both loose so JAC should probably follow
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we are talking all-time d*ckhead signings, it is hard to go past Chris Walker. He gets my vote for biggest flog to ever wear the purple.

Only played 7 games for us. Interesting to note that in the final 6 years of his career he actually averaged 7 games per year.

He played;
5 games for Souths
7 games for us
20 games for Gold Coast (over 3 years)
12 games for Catalans
5 games for Parra

He was let go mid-season by at least 5 clubs for alcohol/off-field incidents and generally being a scumbag.

Every now and again he pops up to have a shot at us/Bellamy for ruining the game with ‘wrestling’. He’s still bitter that Bellamy kicked his useless ass out of the club.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:42 am
Lucas wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 am Can we cut him loose now? Most disliked player we have ever had.

And

George Rose was just fat and useless. Matt Lodge, I forgot, my apologies.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:34 pm
sallymay wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:42 am

And

George Rose was just fat and useless. Matt Lodge, I forgot, my apologies.
Just lucky bellsa never let him play first grade
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 pm If we are talking all-time d*ckhead signings, it is hard to go past Chris Walker. He gets my vote for biggest flog to ever wear the purple.

Only played 7 games for us. Interesting to note that in the final 6 years of his career he actually averaged 7 games per year.

He played;
5 games for Souths
7 games for us
12 games for Catalans
5 games for Parra

He was let go mid-season by at least 5 clubs for alcohol/off-field incidents and generally being a scumbag.

Every now and again he pops up to have a shot at us/Bellamy for ruining the game with ‘wrestling’. He’s still bitter that Bellamy kicked his useless ass out of the club.
Interesting stats. The questions gotta be asked, how did Chris Walker play more games for us than Soufs or Parra? Were we really struggling?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:54 amInteresting stats. The questions gotta be asked, how did Chris Walker play more games for us than Soufs or Parra? Were we really struggling?
At the time, we had Greg Inglis, Matt King, Matt Geyer, Steve Turner, Jake Webster, Chris Walker and Smith Samau (? don't remember him) - 7 blokes competing for 4 wing/centre positions.

I have had a quick look into Walker's use in that time and can confidently say that he was never a first choice outside back and was only used when we were missing numerous front line players. Injuries/suspension had Hoffman playing centre for a chunk of the year. Slater missed several games for lashing out with his boot at John Skandalis.

Walker's inclusion in Storm games in 2006:
R3 - Bench - Walker was a late inclusion in number 19
R6 - Wing (Slater, Geyer, Webster out)
R9 - Centre (Slater, King, Webster out) - Walker was a late inclusion in number 18
R11 - Wing (Slater, Inglis, King out) - Origin affected round
R14 - Wing (Slater, Inglis, King out) - Origin affected round
R15 - Wing (Slater, Inglis out)
R16 - Wing (Slater, Inglis out)

In an odd way, I think Walker may have helped shape our excellent culture we have today. The 'no d*ckhead' policy was probably well defined/developed as a result of Walker's time at the club.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 pm If we are talking all-time d*ckhead signings, it is hard to go past Chris Walker. He gets my vote for biggest flog to ever wear the purple.

He played;
5 games for Souths
7 games for us
12 games for Catalans
5 games for Parra

The best thing about the Chris Walker (aka Walkout) signing was I got to meet Kate Ritchie at a Storm open training. Walker was dating Ritchie at the time.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:44 pm
Bullucked wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:54 amInteresting stats. The questions gotta be asked, how did Chris Walker play more games for us than Soufs or Parra? Were we really struggling?
At the time, we had Greg Inglis, Matt King, Matt Geyer, Steve Turner, Jake Webster, Chris Walker and Smith Samau (? don't remember him) - 7 blokes competing for 4 wing/centre positions.

I have had a quick look into Walker's use in that time and can confidently say that he was never a first choice outside back and was only used when we were missing numerous front line players. Injuries/suspension had Hoffman playing centre for a chunk of the year. Slater missed several games for lashing out with his boot at John Skandalis.

R9 - Centre (Slater, King, Webster out) - Walker was a late inclusion in number 18

In an odd way, I think Walker may have helped shape our excellent culture we have today. The 'no d*ckhead' policy was probably well defined/developed as a result of Walker's time at the club.
Yourhero Smith Samau is one of the players (along with Daniel Isaac) we traded to the Titans when Steve Turner backflipped on his contract with the Titans. Samau played a lot of Qld Cup, mainly with Ipswich Jets from memory.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Scooter. When I was pulling the above together I saw that he was one of the Turner/Titans traded players but for the life of me, couldn’t remember him. He played 1 first grade game for us off the bench.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was a fullback/winger. Played for Samoa too.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And dare I say it he helped us get to the GF which we were ultimatley robbed of by Harrigon and video refs. (Would've counted for nought as it turned out anyway)
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And dare I say it he indirectly helped us get to the GF which we were ultimatley robbed of by Harrigon and video refs. (Would've counted for nought as it turned out anyway)