WTF was JAC thinking ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The post on JAC Instagram has been deleted but Latrell commented on something and JAC replied with "come up we got a gym and everything".

This had nothing to do with family or culture.

JAC can sit on the bench. His attitude is so off of storm standards.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:10 pm Agree with a lot of the opinions you guys have. I don't know who to blame between the two but it feels like the more JAC and Latrell hung out with each other the less likeable JAC got. Still enjoyed his footy but can't say I'm too fussed about him leaving the club anymore.
Has JAC "checked out" already?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm
blazza18 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:10 pm Agree with a lot of the opinions you guys have. I don't know who to blame between the two but it feels like the more JAC and Latrell hung out with each other the less likeable JAC got. Still enjoyed his footy but can't say I'm too fussed about him leaving the club anymore.
Has JAC "checked out" already?
More than likely to force the Club's hand into getting rid of him.

Not like he's looking for a positive reference on the way out.

Really really disappointing and classeless way to treat the Club that has given him everything so far.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh texts Phil Rothfield, who broke the story, and this is what he text him:
Josh Addo-Carr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pm They’re my family mate, their my cousins and two of my uncles. I don’t know what to say, I came up here for my pregnant missus, she’s about to have a baby then spend some time with my family.
then the Storm winger sent a text message 15 minutes later.
Josh Addo-Carr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pmJust touching on what we spoke about, mate it was a cultural gathering. Learning about our land and culture, learning how to live life off the land, thank you take care’.
Clearly an afterthought. People were already going to be pissed but to then try and get out of it by playing the race card, that pissed people off even more and showed that JAC has zero interest in humility, admitting fault and showing genuine remorse.

Both blokes subsequently liking posts suggesting their punishments were evidence of racism has only stoked that fire even more.

Cut him and his dogsh*t attitude loose. Unfortunately I can’t help but predict JAC’s RL career will see a decline.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 pm Josh texts Phil Rothfield, who broke the story, and this is what he text him:
Josh Addo-Carr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pm They’re my family mate, their my cousins and two of my uncles. I don’t know what to say, I came up here for my pregnant missus, she’s about to have a baby then spend some time with my family.
then the Storm winger sent a text message 15 minutes later.
Josh Addo-Carr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pmJust touching on what we spoke about, mate it was a cultural gathering. Learning about our land and culture, learning how to live life off the land, thank you take care’.
Clearly an afterthought. People were already going to be pissed but to then try and get out of it by playing the race card, that pissed people off even more and showed that JAC has zero interest in humility, admitting fault and showing genuine remorse.

Both blokes subsequently liking posts suggesting their punishments were evidence of racism has only stoked that fire even more.

Cut him and his dogsh*t attitude loose. Unfortunately I can’t help but predict JAC’s RL career will see a decline.
Am I the only one who finds it strange that players are texting and have the personal numbers of journo's? It'd be like me the pleb communicating with the CEO. Surely they should be mortal enemies.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s super common. The way it is supposed to work - the journo gets wind of something and then asks the player directly so they have the opportunity to put forward their version of events. If not the player, they will ask the agent.

RL reporters aren’t renowned for their professionalism or ability to remain neutral though. It is mostly filled with f*ckwits like James Hooper who certain players refuse to speak to (Smithy) so he just childishly trashes them in stories :roll:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh has apologised to the boys on their what’s app group and I guess the way dale spoke he will be punished by the club soon when they are all together again
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:29 am Josh has apologised to the boys on their what’s app group and I guess the way dale spoke he will be punished by the club soon when they are all together again
And I see Craig has been quite subtle about it all...
https://www.news.com.au/sport/if-any-of ... 7dcb611014
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't believe Bellamy knows how to get on a video chat let alone a reporter having any idea of what he said on one.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:49 am It’s super common. The way it is supposed to work - the journo gets wind of something and then asks the player directly so they have the opportunity to put forward their version of events. If not the player, they will ask the agent.

RL reporters aren’t renowned for their professionalism or ability to remain neutral though. It is mostly filled with f*ckwits like James Hooper who certain players refuse to speak to (Smithy) so he just childishly trashes them in stories :roll:
Resident journo here. It's too Sydney-centric and unfortunately reporters play too heavily to the "tribal" aspect. They also know anything Storm-related (mainly stuff that hates on the team or fuels rage) will get clicks and comments. Look at the way Smith's photo was used yesterday about players refusing to train despite the article having no direct comments from him.

Oh, yes and Hooper is an asshole. Not all of them are bad though.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christian Welch in Twitter said that article is 100% false so there you go
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Word on daily telecrap is that JAC allegedly has a speeding ticket now. Article around 30 mins old but I am too cheap to pay for a subscription.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here is what was in the paper"
ADDO-CARR FINED FOR SPEEDING

The fines just keep on coming for troubled Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr.

On Tuesday while he was driving home to Sydney from his Taree camping trip, Addo-Carr got pinched by Highway Patrol for speeding on the Pacific Highway near Nabiac.

We’re told he was between 10 and 20km/h over the limit. Hard to believe, but true.

This follows the $1000 fine on Monday for failing to comply with social-distancing laws; a $50,000 fine from the NRL on Tuesday for the breach ($30,000 suspended) — as well as being charged with a firearms offence on Tuesday afternoon.

It was a shocking few days for the representative winger, who is now struggling to keep his place in both the NSW State of Origin team and the Kangaroos after losing the confidence and respect of his Blues coach Brad Fittler and Australian coach Mal Meninga.

Still, Melbourne Storm are standing by him. Your columnist spoke to Craig Bellamy on Thursday, who vowed to support the winger.

“What I can’t work out is that if you knew you were doing the wrong thing, there’s no way you’d put a photo out on social media,” Bellamy said. “The rules have been pushed hard but it’s like he didn’t understand the importance.”
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You can see why he wants a better contract elsewhere. He's got a lifetime of foolishness to supplement.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:52 amLook at the way Smith's photo was used yesterday about players refusing to train despite the article having no direct comments from him.
This wasn’t limited to one article. Over the past 6 weeks there has been probably close to a dozen articles in a similar vein - players being money hungry/threatening to not play - and in every single case, Fox Sports used an image of Smith with no attributable quote. That is not a coincidence.
riders of the storm wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:52 amOh, yes and Hooper is an asshole. Not all of them are bad though.
Correct, it is not “all”, but within RL the “douchebag to decent bloke” ratio and overall professionalism, is well out of sync with virtually all other forms of journalism.