Round 2 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I add my weight to the criticism of Ashley Klein. Along with Sean Hampstead , absolutely biased against the Storm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 pm I add my weight to the criticism of Ashley Klein. Along with Sean Hampstead , absolutely biased against the Storm.
RobbieRoss you can add Steve Clark and Paul Simpkins to that list too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shayne Hayne!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can Woods make a tackle below the neck?!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was an awful half of footy outside our left side defense putting on a defensive clinic.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First half summary: f-ing Klown doing f-ing Klown things, and Storm laying a big fat turd out there in the first half.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both teams were horrible.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It felt like we just wanted to practice our goal line defence. Every time we shut them out, we handed it straight back to them.

Sharks have been (not surprisingly) filthy in the ruck. Woods had about 5 face rakes in the first 3 minutes.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasn't one of our players (I think King) tackled without the ball when Smith ran towards the line?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ugly but we got the two points.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well, that was awful to watch. Basically nearly lost what was left of my sanity watching that - so many stupid mistakes.

That being said - I think Jesse Bromwich is back. That was easily his best game in months. He was awesome.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just painful all round.

Completions were atrocious in the first half but only slightly better in the second half. Our attack is still well underdone. Of course Klown had to penalise Smithy for dissent :roll:

On the positive side, we have only conceded a single try in two games and it was by a kick. Jesse and Tui were solid. Olam’s defence has become a weekly highlight (never thought I’d write that).

Always happy to get the win, but... let us never speak of that game ever again. Definitely not one for the highlight reel.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

An ugly, horrible yet defensively beautiful win

Still concerned we are not using Hughes as much as we could in attack - be needs to get his fair share of the ball as he can do some great things.

We will take the 2 and move on. No prizes for amazing early season performance...it’s a build to the finals..
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:57 pm Just painful all round.

Completions were atrocious in the first half but only slightly better in the second half. Our attack is still well underdone. Of course Klown had to penalise Smithy for dissent :roll:

On the positive side, we have only conceded a single try in two games and it was by a kick. Jesse and Tui were solid. Olam’s defence has become a weekly highlight (never thought I’d write that).

Always happy to get the win, but... let us never speak of that game ever again. Definitely not one for the highlight reel.
Yep that about sums it up .
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good opening fortnight considering we played two slug fests against two sides that always bring their best (or worst)
I'm really liking that Hughes has found his radar with Suli and really just growing as a halfback and playmaker.

Jesse, Tui, NAS, Dale and Tino really stood up in the middles in that second half and got us the win.