Dally M Awards

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations to our award winners:

Cam Smith hooker, captain
Craig Bellamy coach
Cam Munster five eighth
Brandon Smith interchange
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Munster was fortunate with his win. He was amazing at the start of the year (probably the form player of the competition for a while) but then had a very quiet and non-impactful tail end. Can't fault his snazzy suit though!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 amI think Munster was fortunate with his win. He was amazing at the start of the year (probably the form player of the competition for a while) but then had a very quiet and non-impactful tail end.
He definitely did drop off towards the back end of the year - I wonder just how much the shoulder injury played a part?

Still not sure I would label the 5/8 award fortunate. He was well clear of the next best 5/8 (in Dally M points anyway).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Final Dally M tally;

J Tedesco - 34
C Smith - 31
M Moses - 29
P Haas - 27
C Munster 22
R Tuivasa-Sheck - 22
D Cook - 21
C Murray - 19
J Taumalolo - 19
M Pearce - 19

Well done to the GOAT. Within a bee's d*ck of another Dally M. I reckon if you tallied all players Dally M points in their careers, Smith would be rediculously far ahead. He's there abouts every single year, even with the media hate he has received throughout his career.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also glad he boycotted the event. A nice "f*ck you" to Fox League.

I mean - it was unfortunate he was too ill to travel to the event...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think our 3 player awards were pretty spot on. A good case for Keary/Walker for 5/8 if the format was different but Munster was as good as any player before origin and those games still count.

Bellamy for coach was obvious to me. Don't really care for captain of the year, no idea *how* you win it but good for Smith.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So many people are bitching that Bellamy got Coach of the Year... :lol: :lol:

Tipped by most "experts" to miss the 8 after losing Slater, Smith being older, young squad, etc, etc. Yet win the MP clear by 6 points and have a number of young players emerge as genuine stars.

BuT dES tOOk EaGLes FRoM 15th tO 6tH!!! F*cking idiots...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryan Papanhayusen literally played half the year at fullback and came off the bench for part of the year and he got 14 points finishing 3rd in the clubs top 5 ...I just hope he can do it again next year the guys is freaking amazing