PRELIMINARY FINAL - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
shorton
Squall
Squall

If we can buy a real halfback in the offseason, keep Scott and the young guys improve further then we have a good shot next year.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster just seems to get shut down in these big games. The kicking game was poor, too many 7 tackle sets given away.
Kaufusi was a big loss, really could have done with Stimson on the bench.

I thought the boys tried really hard though. A little lack of creativity in attack and we were too deep and predictable in the end.

Brandon Smith is our captain in waiting. So inspiring along with NAS.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh I wanna be annoyed and sad and pissed off instead I’m just incredibly proud
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Nothing went right. All the luck and 50/50 calls went against them. But I'm proud that they turned up and had a go
Utha
Squall
Squall

20-4 regular season is nothing to be sneezed at. Luck went against us in the finals, but s*it happens. Now to (perhaps) see how much longer Cam Smith will go on.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

A good effort with limited luck and cutting edge ultimately costing us. Munster was shut down but no one else really stepped up. Nelson and Papi were strong, we missed Suli (he is rocks and diamonds but yards ahead of Chambers or Earl on the wing) and we just didn’t look massively threatening when we had pressure in the 2nd half

We were good during the regular season but lacked when it came to big games. 3/6 the rest of the top 4 wont cut the mustard. Need to be 5 or 6/6.

Some great positives - Papi, Nelson, Olam Kenny B

Some obvious need areas - half back, bench make up/depth and overall attacking structure...
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

shorton wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 am Anyone else see Vunivalu after the game on the field laughing and joking with Tupou??

What a #### he is.
The players all do this and know each other very week, especially those with country / junior club connections. There is limited tribal hatred hence we love it when we occasionally see it...

We missed Suli tonight. He can be a liability but he’s at least 70/30 good over bad and carries a lot of threat if nothing else. He’s also not likely to be being paid a fortune so salary cost wise good value
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 am A good effort with limited luck and cutting edge ultimately costing us. Munster was shut down but no one else really stepped up. Nelson and Papi were strong, we missed Suli (he is rocks and diamonds but yards ahead of Chambers or Earl on the wing) and we just didn’t look massively threatening when we had pressure in the 2nd half

We were good during the regular season but lacked when it came to big games. 3/6 the rest of the top 4 wont cut the mustard. Need to be 5 or 6/6.

Some great positives - Papi, Nelson, Olam Kenny B

Some obvious need areas - half back, bench make up/depth and overall attacking structure...
Was a combination of injuries, bad reffing, horrible kicking and a very skilled opposition that ended our season. I feel for the boys who did so well throughout the regular season to get the minor premiership despite losing a future immortal from last year's team.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All round, it was a massively disappointing end to mostly dominant Minor Premiership-winning seasons by the Storm, Falcons, and Lightning.
roostermcgregor
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi Storm fans,

I am actually a roosters fan posting on your forum. Commiserations for the Prelim loss.

The storm were the team that I feared most during the season , and were my major concern, by far, as to whether the Roosters could win it this year.

I was at the SCG on Saturday night and there were times that I thought your team were on top. Luckily the Roosters aimed up , and were able to pull through to the GF.

Post match, I went down to the sideline with my 7 year old son, to see if we could meet some of the players. Issac Liu from the Roosters was there, but I was surprised to see NAS from the Storm also mixing with the fans.

He was signing autographs, taking selfies with the fans, generally talking with the kids, girls and guys who were (at the SCG) nearly ALL Roosters fans. The Roosters fans loved him.

NAS played his heart out for your team, and could have been excused for being bitter over last year's and this year's exit from the finals, to the same team.

He wasn't , and it showed great sportsmanship and great humility from the big guy.

Point being, is that I think the Storm are a great side, and now I also believe your club has some great human beings in your team. Craig Bellamy was also disappointed in the post match press conference, but also humble in defeat.

I have a new found admiration for the Storm. With people like that in your organisation, I think success is not far away, again.

Good luck for the future - if Saturday night is any indication, you deserve it.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the post roostermcgregor, that's awesome to hear! It's probably not news or surprising to most of us Storm fans, but thanks for taking the time to acknowledge this and post on our forum. Assuming you're from NSW, feel free to share this sentiment to anyone you know there - you'll probably be laughed at, but it would certainly be a welcome change to have someone in NSW talking positively about us! ;-)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:02 pm Thanks for the post roostermcgregor, that's awesome to hear! It's probably not news or surprising to most of us Storm fans, but thanks for taking the time to acknowledge this and post on our forum. Assuming you're from NSW, feel free to share this sentiment to anyone you know there - you'll probably be laughed at, but it would certainly be a welcome change to have someone in NSW talking positively about us! ;-)
I'll second that.

Takes courage to be humble in defeat...but also take a special sort of graciousness to be humble in victory roostermcgregor...so please spread your thoughts to any NSW family and friends that will listen !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

+1
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks for the post. I'm hoping the Roosters win the GF. It's the next best way for Cooper to finish his fantastic career (the best way would have been losing to us in the prelim!)
Pablo Escobar
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Unfortunately the season was over the minute we were robbed against the Raiders when Klein was influenced by the NSW media all during that week.

The obvious strip where dickhead Klein ignored the other ref who had it right.
Player tackled without the ball to stop obvious match winning tries again ignored by dickhead Klein.
Player laid on to stop try again no sin bin from dickhead Klein.
Nelson dropping ball early in tackle count.
Fox dropping ball 90 seconds to go.
Mongaloid, retarded touch judge making shit up.
NRL is so fkn amateurish.

The better team lost because of that perfect storm for them. Should of been Storm v Roosters Granny.

Finish 6 points clear on top , don't even make GF...biggest waste of season ever.

Dear footy gods please let the Roosters win the GF 60-0.